Table of Contents
Top 20 Global OEMs Target Launch of Over 62 Models in North America by 2020
The aim of this strategic report is to identify and analyze strategies for the small and compact SUV segment by key OEMs in the North American light passenger truck market. The study explores strategies that impact the competitive scenario and the growth for both the OEMs and the overall market. The study analysis consists of market share, revenue growth, market drivers and restraints, a consumer profile, vehicle features, and details of key models. The study period is from 2010 to 2020, with 2012 as the base year.
Executive Summary—Key Findings
Nearly small and compact sports utility vehicles (SUVs) were available in the North American market at the end of 2012. This segment is also the 3rd highest-selling segment in North America, with a % share in 2013.
1. The global top original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) target nearly models in North America before the end of 2013 and a total of models by 2020. Overall, the market in North America is expected to pass million units in sales volume by 2020.
2. Mass-market OEMs, with revenue of $ billion in 2012 over luxury OEMs ($ billion), are expected to be among the biggest revenue generators. This trend is expected to continue to 2020.
3. In the small and compact SUV segment, the sales volume (unit shipment) ratio of non-premium to premium market changed from 89:11 in 2012 to 84:16 in 2020, an expected % shift toward the premium market.
4. The compact multipurpose vehicle (MPV) segment is expected to launch 5 more models by 2020, creating direct competition to the small and compact SUV segment.
5. The Ford Escape is the current leader in sales volume, followed by the Honda CR-V. They are expected to remain the top 2 models through 2020. The Chevrolet Equinox, Toyota RAV4, and Nissan Rogue are expected to be among the top 5 through 2020.
6. Approximately % of the models are designed to fall within the weight band of to pounds (lbs) gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) and maintain an average length of to inches (in).
Key Questions this Study will Answer
Why are the key global OEM market participants launching models of small and compact SUVs?
Why are the strategies by OEMs aligned for the small and compact SUV segment affecting competition and growth aggression?
Why is the small and compact SUV segment causing an increase of OEM vehicle sales and revenue?
What are the key technology trends occurring in the small and compact SUV segment?
Despite most of the launches happening in China first, why are the OEMs interested in launching new models for the small and compact SUV segment in the North American market?
Which OEMs are deviating from the highest-sold sedan segment to the small and compact SUV segment or entering the market by 2020?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Increasing vehicle sales and limited parking availability are expected to fuel the demand for smart parking in passenger cars” The passenger car smart parking market is projected to grow at a CAGR ...
Sales Volume of Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Buses and Minibuses to Reach 202,000 Units by 2020 The study aims to research, analyze, and forecast the automotive market in Uzbekistan according ...
15 Modular Platforms Anticipated to Account for 74.8% of the Total Market Production by FY 2023 This research service focuses on various modular platform and fuel strategies of car manufacturers including ...