Table of Contents
Cloud-based Services are Driving Demand for Ethernet Test Equipment
This research service provides a detailed analysis of the global ethernet test equipment market. This assessment includes market forecasts, an overview of the competitive structure and competitors market share, as well as end-user and segment analysis. Market drivers and restraints are assessed for their impact throughout the forecast period, which is 2013 to 2017. End-user segments are also analyzed. The market is expected to grow consistently throughout the forecast period with a key focus on service providers. Furthermore, an executive summary and conclusions have been provided. The base year is 2012.
• In 2012, the total global Ethernet test equipment market earned revenue of $X million, an increase of X% over 2011.
• One gigabit Ethernet (GbE), X GbE, and X/100 GbE test equipment are the three largest segments in the global Ethernet test equipment market with X%, X%, and X% market share, respectively.
• Key competitive factors driving the adoption and growth of GbE include ease of use and scalability.
• User experience is also becoming increasingly valuable for end users, from the initial setup and connecting it to the device under test (DUT), to scripting, interfaces, and support.
• Data center activities, mobile backhaul application, SyncE adoption, and demand for high bandwidth services remain the key drivers of GbE test equipment growth in the forecast period.
• Pricing and competitive pressures, economic uncertainty, and the need for greater R&D investment restrict the market growth.
• The top participants in this market include Spirent Communications, Ixia, JDSU, and EXFO.
1. Greater importance is expected to be given to software capabilities.
2. Asia-Pacific is a region with high growth potential, with India and China being the key growth engines.
3. Significant R&D investment is required in developing high density Ethernet test solutions.
4. With evolving standards and corresponding complexities, simplicity in operation of the test solution is required.
5. Pricing pressures continue to challenge
vendors; hence, vendors are implementing technological advancements in a bid to win the price war.
• The total Ethernet test equipment recorded revenue of $X million in 2012, at an annual growth rate of X%. Its revenue is expected to reach $Xmillion in 2017.
• The Ethernet test equipment market, as defined in this study, includes the 1 test equipment segment (X GbE), the 10 test equipment segment (X GbE), and the X/100 test equipment segment (X/100 GbE).
• This study analyzes the market trends across the major global regions, including:
oNorth America: This region includes Canada and the United States.
oEurope: This region includes Western, Central, and Eastern Europe.
oAPAC: This region includes the western rim of the Pacific Ocean, the Indochina peninsula, the Pacific Islands, and Central Asia.
oEmerging Markets: This region includes Central America, South America, Mexico, Russia, the Middle East, and Africa.
• The end-user types included in this study are:
oNetwork equipment manufacturers (NEMs)
oService providers and carriers
oEnterprises and other end users, such as independent R&D laboratories, governments, and universities
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the Ethernet test equipment market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
What does the future hold for high-speed Ethernet?
What does the competitive landscape look like?
Which of the regional markets represents most of the growth opportunities for Ethernet test equipment?
Which of the end-user segments represent most of the growth opportunities for Ethernet test equipment?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The expansion of the global AC motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.7%. Currently, AC motors ...
The expansion of the global AC generator industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 0.7%. Currently, AC generators ...
The expansion of the global electric generator and motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.8%. Currently, ...