Table of Contents
Coatings Facilitating Energy Conservation and Promoting Sustainability
This research service brings out the strategic developments in the energy saving coatings landscape on a global scale. With increase in sustainability initiatives along with current influence of several environmental or green regulations has created an opportunity for coating manufacturers to develop energy saving coatings that can conserve energy costs and reduce energy expenditure, especially in building and construction domain. This research service brings out the strategic global innovations and technology developments in the energy saving coatings landscape along with a technology road map that highlights the adoption of these coatings in various sectors.
1. As sustainability initiatives gain momentum, importance for energy conservation along with clean energy generation has become important. Energy saving coatings can be used for promoting sustainability by helping in increasing energy conservation and reducing energy consumption, especially in buildings and construction sector.
2. While energy saving coatings have a wide application potential, their widespread adoption is seen in the building and construction industry followed by infrastructure, industrial and consumer applications. The trend is expected to continue for the next three years, mainly due to the rising sustainability initiatives across the globe.
3. Increasing the efficiency and durability of energy saving coatings will help in increasing the commercial adoption of the coatings in the forthcoming years. Research efforts related to the use of biodegradable materials including biocomposites and nanobiocomposites for development of bio-based coatings will increase their sustainability quotient.
4. While technology developments are seen across the globe, countries such as China, South Korea, USA, and Germany are leading in research developments. Research focus is currently focused on enhancing efficiency and durability.
5. Research collaborations and funding activities from government and private players in this domain are likely to facilitate faster and increased commercial product development. In addition, the intellectual property protection and expansion strategies taken up by companies will help in broadening the research database and spur creative developments.
6. Differentiating the product for specific applications, revamping innovation portfolio, and investing in specific coating developments are strategies followed by companies to manage R&D activities, and in turn, improve product development. Also, with higher revenue generation, the organization’s market share and position will improve.
Research Snapshot and Scope
• The current increase in sustainability initiatives, especially regarding energy generation and saving has made it essential to visualize and enforce pathways to facilitate energy savings. Coatings is one of the ways, which can help in realizing energy savings across industrial sectors and to achieve sustainability. Use of energy efficient coatings help reduce energy costs, especially in buildings and construction and increase production efficiency in industrial sectors.
• This study titled, “Innovations in Energy Saving Coatings” reviews technology developments that might significantly impact adoption of energy saving coatings in various application sectors. There is an increasing likelihood that some of the technologies and processes covered in this study, which have either been recently commercialized or might be commercialized in the near future will significantly impact commercial adoption of energy saving coatings. The study analyses the adoption and innovations of energy saving coatings in building and construction, infrastructure (including highways and roads), industrial and household appliances sectors. The scope of the research doesn’t include alternate energy sector and other industrial and commercial segments.
Essentially, this research service provides:
A) A brief snapshot of various energy saving coatings, industry value chain, and technology capability.
B) An overview of key drivers and challenges that impact commercial adoption of energy saving coatings.
C) A review of recent innovations and their impact.
D) A technology roadmap for adoption of energy saving coatings.
G) A brief snapshot of key patents in this space.
H) A list of key contacts in energy saving coatings industry.
• CTOs/ CEOs/CIOs
• Technical Architects
• Research Heads
• Strategic Decision Makers
• Technology Policy Heads
• Technology Journals
• Market Research Reports
• Technology Policy Information Sites
• Internal Databases
• Thought Leader Briefings
Energy conservation is one of the efficient ways of promoting energy efficiency and sustainability. Reduction of energy consumption is one of the most popular ways of energy conservation, in both industrial and commercial sectors. Use of energy saving coatings has been touted as one of the fool proof ways for energy conservation and reduction of energy consumption.
• Energy saving coatings can be in the form of paints, powder, foam, sprays or thin layer film/sheet coatings that can be applied to any targeted surface.
• These coatings can be fine tuned to reduce solar, thermal, environmental (internal and external) energy consumption, and also increase energy efficiency according to end application needs.
• Energy saving coatings can be fine tuned to enhance:
- UV absorbing properties and surface hardness.
- Thermal properties–heat reflectance, insulation and moisture penetration.
- Resistance to dirt, pollution, and so on–stain resistant
- Reduction of efflorescence
- Noise cancellation and reduction
- Resistance to chemicals and abrasion.
- Resistance to fire
• Prevention of biofilm formation.
• Could save amount spent on energy by reducing a building's cooling load and minimizing solar gain.
• Can extend life of roofing systems of buildings and construction materials.
• Can be fine tuned to emit zero or near zero volatile organic compounds.
• Can increase adoption of environmentally friendly and low carbon foot print coating products.
• Low durability, resulting in reoccurring replacement of coatings.
• Lack of customized coating solutions for specific industrial applications.
• Lack of bio-based materials in coating solutions.
Energy saving coatings, like any other coatings can be either powder-based or solvent-based. In the past few years, with technological advances in nanotechnology and surface modification techniques, use of nanoscale coatings have also gained prominence. While all energy saving coatings are aimed to decrease energy costs in various applications, they can be subdivided into different types based on their specific functionality.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Energy Recovery Ventilators Market: Overview This report covers the analysis and forecast of the energy recovery ventilators market on a global and regional level. The study provides historic data ...
“The variable frequency drive market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.94% from 2016 to 2021” The variable frequency drive (VFD) market is projected to reach USD 24.8 billion by 2021, at a CAGR ...
“Rising demand for energy-efficient lighting technologies expected to drive the solid-state and other energy-efficient lighting market” The solid-state and other energy-efficient lighting market is ...