Table of Contents
Enabling Energy Efficient and Greener Electronics with Cutting Edge Power Management Technology
Dynamic power management schemes in electronic devices enhance battery life at the cost of prolonged user-perceived response time. To achieve better energy efficiency, significant improvements have been made to system architecture as well as operating systems. Due to such improvements, achieving efficient power management is becoming a highly challenging task. It requires a better understanding of each level of the system. The objective of this research service is to track the emerging trends influencing power management technology domain and draw roadmaps based on technology advancements. Power management technology could be optimized for different functionalities and end-user needs.
Dynamic power management schemes in electronic devices enhance battery life at the cost of prolonged user-perceived response time. To achieve better energy efficiency, significant improvements have been made to system architecture as well as operating systems. Due to such improvements, achieving efficient power management is becoming a highly challenging task. It requires a better understanding of each level of the system.
The objective of this research service is to track the emerging trends influencing power management technology domain and draw roadmaps based on technology advancements. Power management technology could be optimized for different functionalities and end-user needs.
In brief, this research service covers the following components of assessment:
• A brief snapshot of the capabilities of power management devices
• Power management technology value chain
• Drivers and challenges along with possible interrelationships
• Stakeholder activities and impact
• Demand analysis
• Technology development and management strategies for the stakeholders in this segment
• Technical Architects
• Research Heads
• Strategic Decision Makers
• Technology Policy Heads
• Technology Journals
• Market Research Reports
• Technology Policy Information Sites
• Internal Databases
• Thought Leader Briefings
Step 1: To provide a thorough analysis of each topic, Technical Insights’ analysts perform a review of patents to become familiar with the major developers and commercial participants and their processes.
Step 2: Building on the patent search, the analysts review abstracts to identify key scientific and technical papers that provide insights into key industry participants and the technical processes on which they work.
Step 3: The analysts then create a detailed questionnaire with content created to address the research objectives of the study, which functions as a guide during the interview process. While the analysts use structured questionnaires to guarantee coverage of all the desired issues, they also conduct interviews in a conversational style. This approach results in a more thorough exchange of views with the respondents, and offers greater insight into the relevant issues than more structured interviews may provide.
Step 4: The analysts conduct primary research with key industry participants and technology developers to obtain the required content. Interviews are completed with sources located throughout the world in universities, national laboratories, governmental and regulatory bodies, trade associations, and end-user companies, among other key organizations. Our analysts contact the major commercial participants to find out about the advantages and disadvantages of processes and the drivers and challenges behind technologies and applications. Our analysts talk to the principal developers, researchers, engineers, business developers, analysts, strategic planners, and marketing experts, among other professionals.
Step 5: The project management and research team reviews and analyzes the research data that are gathered and adds its recommendations to the draft of the final study. Having conducted both published studies and custom proprietary research covering many types of new and emerging technology activities as well as worldwide industry analysis, the management and research team adds its perspective and experience to provide an accurate, timely analysis. The analysts then prepare written final research services for each project and sometimes present key findings in analyst briefings to clients.
There has been significant investment in newer energy technologies; Advaned Research Projects Agency-Energy indicated recent developments have focused on large engineering systems such as transportation and carbon capturing.
For power management semiconductor suppliers, the landscape is becoming increasingly dynamic with the expansion of the industry where many suppliers enter and exit specific niche markets.
The IEEE is currently balloting IEE 1621, a proposed new international standard for power control user interfaces designed to make it easier to enable and use power management in consumer devices.
Government funding of proof-of-concept research is expected to yield a significant return on investment and help garner industry attention which is critical to implement solutions.
Active research aim to address increasing energy issues including adopting power management efforts that are web-enabled and devices connected to it.
Next-generation wireless devices and sensor networks drive developments in power management sector. The proliferation of network applications and central data stores has raised concerns of energy use, power infrastructure counts, reliability and cooling of data centers.
In application specific segments, very strong unit growth for communication and industrial power management devices offset significant declines in consumer and computer devices.
Some of the strongest analogue integrated circuit units’ growth in the first half of 2013 were from power management devices, which help extend useful battery life and operation of battery-powered portable and mobile systems.
Status of the Power Management Industry & Emerging Opportunities
• The expansion in infrastructure would include adequate allocation for power solutions, resulting in smooth routine operation and data transaction. While accounting for external factors such as economic setbacks or regulations on businesses, awareness about adopting power management into systems are increasing. The urgency of system upkeep and redeployment has convinced shareholders that the future market for sophisticated technologies enables energy efficiency and lower cost of ownership.
• Power management technology in telecommunication includes monitoring and measuring of individual segments which enables optimization of power consumption at lower energy efficient areas. The growing adoption rate of power management technology in telecommunication industry has garnered interest in other industries.
• Demand for technology innovation in high tech mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, personal computers, and ultra notebooks continue to grow over the years. Such devices constantly demand energy efficiency.
• The inception of smart technologies will lead to increased power management demand in the long term to meet energy efficiency requirements and address environmental issues. The convergence of power management technology to manage, model, and monitor energy optimization is anticipated to enable smart factories, smart cities, smart buildings, smart computing, and other smart applications.
• Energy cost is proportionate to power consumption. As there is an increasing awareness in global environmental standards and green approaches, shareholders are seeking alternatives to reduce energy consumption. This in turn also lowers electricity costs. Other advantages include, high energy efficiency, lower total cost of ownership, and lower carbon emission.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The expansion of the global electric generator and motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.8%. Currently, ...
The report package Electric Generator and Motor Market in Asia to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook ...
The report package Electric Generating Set Market in Asia to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook fo ...