Table of Contents
Patient-centric Syringe & Injector Design
Transdermal drug patches offer the advantages of ease of use, painlessness, disposability, control of drug delivery and avoidance of first-pass metabolism by the liver. Advances in synthetic materials and patch design have led to patches that are more esthetically acceptable and that are capable of delivering sustained dosing of active compounds for several days in a smaller package. Growth in demand for drug patches is being driven by several factors – factors with strong demographic and population trend underpinnings. Further improvements to transdermal transport and the introduction of new patch designs will keep this segment expanding through 2022.
Market-driven Product Strategies
A longer life span is expected to translate to a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in routes of administration that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. Pharma company decision makers have come to the realization that for many products, success no longer only depends on the medication itself but also on achieving a consumer-compatible form of packaging and application.
What You Will Learn
- What are the current transdermal drug patch markets and products, and what is the market potential for existing and probable future products?
- What is the impact of patch designs, technologies and patch development issues on commercialization?
- Who are the leading patch manufacturers and third-party transdermal supply chain companies?
- What is the current product and competitive landscape, and what are the details of the numerous products across the various patch product categories and markets?
- What is the size of the market now, and how will it change in the next seven years to 2022?
- Who are the transdermal drug patch product providers, and what are their product development activity, and strategies?
- What is the market impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
North America Facial Injectables Market: Overview This report on the North America facial injectables market analyzes the current and future prospects of the market. The report comprises an elaborate executive ...
Global Pulmonary Drug Delivery Devices Market: Overview This report on pulmonary drug delivery devices studies the current as well as future prospects of the market globally. The stakeholders of this report ...
The global injectable drug delivery market, in terms of value, is projected to reach USD 624.50 billion by 2021 from USD 362.38 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 11.5% during the forecast period. The increase ...