Table of Contents
Highlights from IBM’s 2013 Event
On 3-7 November, IBM hosted the Information On Demand 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada. This 5-day event was designed to provide the company’s latest news about Big Data and Analytics solutions and services to clients, prospects, partners, analysts, and technical leaders. And as one the most important IBM events of the year, over xx people attended.
More than xx IBM business and technological partners sponsored the event. Customer business cases were presented during morning and afternoon sessions. Client cases, such as Verizon and Itaú, were presented during key sessions.
IBM has established one of the most profound portfolios on Big Data and Analytics, all in order to achieve its goal of reaching xx billion in revenue by 2015. During the event, the company announced several updates, new features, and solutions, of which Frost and Sullivan highlights Project Neo, Watson Advisor, Stampede, and IBM Concert.
IBM also acquired several companies to increase its portfolio, such as Softlayer, The Now Factory, and Xtify.
The company has almost xx dedicated business analytics and optimization consultants, over xxpatents, and xx researchers.
IBM established 9 global analytics solution centers in Berlin, Beijing, London, New York, Ohio, Tokyo, Washington, and Zurich.
IBM Information On Demand 2013
The IBM Information On Demand 2013 event was held in Las Vegas from xxto xxNovember and received more than xx attendees.
- Globally, IBM has approximately xx business partners for Big Data and Analytics.
- Based on registration information, about xx% of the event attendees were there for the first time.
- The event had more than xx elective sessions and more than xx client speakers.
- IBM had more than xx companies exposing their brands in the event’s expo.
- IBM has partnerships with more than xx universities across the globe, focusing on Big Data and Analytics.
- The theme for the event was “Think Big. Deliver Big. WIN BIG,” and that was reflected in + new announcements.
- IBM has xx Analytics Solution Centers (ASC) throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
- In 2014, IBM will rename the event “IBM Insight,” better representing what the event is really about.
- With more thanxx elective sessions, IBM divided the event into xx large sub-conferences:
- Information Management Forum: More than xx tracks covered emerging Big Data technologies, database server and tools, and data warehousing, among others.
- Enterprise Content Management Forum: Tracks covered document imaging and capture, social content management, content analytics, and information lifecycle management, among others.
- Business Leadership Forum: Vertical tracks included banking, insurance, retail, and healthcare.
- Business Analytics Forum: Tracks covered business intelligence, predictive analytics, analytics applications, and social media.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762