Table of Contents
Opportunities in the 5 Key Markets in the United States and Europe
The overall research objective is to measure the current use and future decision making behavior toward IT technologies, specifically: audio conferencing, business-grade softphones, consumer softphones, headsets, IP telephony, TDM phones, unified communications client, video and web conferencing.
Specifically, Frost & Sullivan aims to:
- Understand the IT-related challenges organizations face today.
- Asses the current and future use of enterprise communications technologies.
- Evaluate factors that drive investments in enterprise communications technologies.
- Gauge the communications infrastructure trends.
- Appraise the available IT budgets.
- Measure the impact the workface has on IT technologies.
Using a Web-based survey methodology during September and October 2013, Frost & Sullivan surveyed xx Information Technology decision makers working in businesses located in the United States and in Europe, who were involved in the company’s IT-related purchases.
Frost & Sullivan’s survey methodology uses online panels to source only qualified respondents. Respondents must meet requirements set by a screening process prior to full survey participation. Online panels consist of individuals who volunteer to participate in Web-based surveys and typically receive compensation directly from their panel membership for participating in qualified survey research. In general, survey respondents do not receive direct compensation from Frost & Sullivan for participating in research projects.
- Many IT managers do not understand the meaning of “UC” and “UCC.” Vendors must continue to educate the market and take a more consultative approach to their sales efforts, focusing on business needs and value instead of the technology itself. If they can help reduce regulatory challenges, so much the better, as this is the top roadblock for IT departments today.
- Video, web and audio conferencing, as well as mobile apps, top the list of UCC applications in use today. Expected declines in the use of video and audio conferencing may be due to the increased use of web conferencing. Business-grade softphones, tablets, and UC clients are expected to experience the most significant increase in demand over the next three years.
- The cost and complexity of deploying and managing multi-vendor communications solutions is compelling businesses to consolidate and integrate their disparate platforms and applications or switch to single-vendor communications solutions.
- The cost impact of supporting new business needs (e.g., distributed workforce) is more significantly felt by IT decision makers in the US, compared to those in Europe; larger organizations; and companies in the financial and healthcare sectors.
The largest proportion of xx decision makers agree that new regulatory requirements are driving up xx costs for their companies. Notably, % agree that their company’s understanding of UCC is limited. This creates an opportunity for application providers that can most effectively educate the market and pitch the benefits of UCC solutions.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
About virtual events Virtual events are online exhibitions that include breakout sessions, video conferencing, web conferencing, collaboration tools, communication, and social networking. They are used ...
“Democratization of Conferencing Services” Across Multiple Ranks of Enterprises Remains Key to the Growth of Web Conferencing Services Over the last few years, it has been observed that the need fo ...
This IDC study provides a forecast for the EMEA conferencing services market. Included is a pivot table with a breakdown by geography (29 countries and subregions Western Europe, Central Eastern Europe, ...