Table of Contents
Frontier Markets will be Attractive for WWWT Market Participants in the Medium to Long Term
CEO’s 360 Degree Perspective
- Global Mega Trends are expected to influence innovation scouting, product development, research and development (R&D) budgeting, technology planning, and marketing.
- Urbanization and population growth, manufacturing and industrialization, and improving regulatory governance in Indochina will propel the WWWT market.
Industry Convergence and Technology
- Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam are still in the nascent stage of water and wastewater technology convergence, with the rural regions being highly dependent on conventional methods of treatment.
- Although WWWT technologies have advanced in many parts of Asia-Pacific, most of the platforms used in Indochina date back to the last ten years.
- In Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar, the agriculture sector is likely to be the main beneficiary of improved WWWT systems.
- In general, water tariffs are tightly regulated by the governments to ensure consumer affordability in the respective countries. However, cities such as Yangon and Myanmar implement higher rates for foreign businesses or entities (xx times the local rates).
Competitive and Best Practices
- The untapped potential of the frontier markets in Southeast Asia has drawn both local and foreign companies into the marketplace, resulting in fierce competition.
- Local companies benefit from individual market know-how; however, the foreign ones possess the financial resource and technology.
- In Vietnam, rapid urbanization and industrialization will result in local governments looking for measures to improve municipal WWWT facilities, including the new construction and retrofit of treatment plants.
- In terms of growth rate, Laos looks the most promising, with expected projects in municipal wastewater treatment over the next few years.
- The construction of new WWWT plants is one of the key development areas across all urban areas in the selected countries.
- Rural water supply and sanitation solutions are in focus. In Laos, decentralized treatment systems are a viable solution.
- The selected countries are strongly dependent on foreign assistance for funding and technology.
- Industrial end users are the best target for market participants for short-term gains.
- In terms of prioritization, foreign market participants must target the countries in the following order: Laos, Vietnam, Myanmar, and Cambodia.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Superconductor market is accounted for $0.82 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $2.71 billion by 2022 growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6%. ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Full Body Scanners market is accounted for $0.68 billion in 2015 and expected to reach $7.82 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 41.7% from 2015 to 2022. Huge ...
About Spectroscopy Spectroscopy is the study of interactions between matter (atom or mass) and electromagnetic radiation. It involves the study of different spectrums of light like infrared, ultraviolet, ...