Table of Contents
Timetric’s 'Life Insurance in Taiwan Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides a detailed outlook by product category for the Taiwanese life insurance segment, and a comparison of the Taiwanese insurance industry with its regional counterparts.
It provides key performance indicators such as written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, total assets, total investment income and retentions during the review period (2011–2015) and forecast period (2015–2020).
The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, gives a comprehensive overview of the Taiwanese economy and demographics, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and profiles of insurers operating in the country. The report also includes details of insurance regulations, and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
Timetric’s 'Life Insurance in Taiwan Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Taiwanese life insurance segment, including:
- An overview of the Taiwanese life insurance segment
- The Taiwanese life insurance segment’s growth prospects by category
- A comprehensive overview of the Taiwanese economy and demographics
- A comparison of the Taiwanese life insurance segment with its regional counterparts
- The various distribution channels in the Taiwanese life insurance segment
- Details of the competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in Taiwan
- Details of regulatory policy applicable to the Taiwanese insurance industry
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Taiwan:
- It provides historical values for the Taiwanese life insurance segment for the report’s 2011–2015 review period, and projected figures for the 2015–2020 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Taiwanese life insurance segment, and market forecasts to 2020.
- It provides a comparison of the Taiwanese life insurance segment with its regional counterparts
- It analyzes the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Taiwan.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Taiwan and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Taiwanese life insurance segment, and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Taiwanese life insurance segment.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment.
- Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Taiwanese insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- According to Timetric research, insurance penetration in Taiwan stood at 18.3% in 2015, one of the largest rates in the world.
- In March 2016, the Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) increased the overseas investment cap for insurers from 10% to 30%.
-In April 2014, the FSC allowed life insurers to issue Chinese renminbi-denominated insurance policies in mainland China. In June 2015, the FSC allowed domestic insurers to establish branches or subsidiaries in Hong Kong and Macau.
- Whole life was the leading category, accounting for 87% of the life gross written premium in 2015.
- The Taiwanese life insurance segment is mature, consolidated and competitive, with the top 10 insurers accounting for 87.5% of the segment’s gross written premium in 2015. Bancassurance was the leading distribution channel in 2015, followed by direct marketing. The channels together accounted for 94.6% of the segment’s new business direct written premium in 2015.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Factors such as voluminous increase in the number of subscribers, need for high optimization & increased cost savings, and ability to measure the performance of a service & Quality of Service are driving ...
“IoT insurance market to grow at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 and 2022” The global IoT insurance market is estimated to be worth USD 42.76 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 ...
"CSPs are demanding assurance solutions for NFV/SDN with cloud, analytics and automation features; this change is creating opportunities for vendors and disruption across the assurance value chain." This ...