Table of Contents
Asia-Pacific Switchgear Market—2015 Update : Japan’s $110 Billion Infrastructure Investment Expansion into APAC will Revitalize Market Growth
The rise in the need for alternative energy such as renewable power, coupled with a significant increase in investments across the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors, has led to a strong demand for switchgear products. This research service analyses the switchgear market in Asia-Pacific, focusing on current conditions and future market opportunities. The switchgear market is discussed in detail at the regional level such as East Asia, Southeast Asia, and Australia and New Zealand, and market revenue forecasts are provided for each country. The key product segments of switchgear are classified into high voltage, medium voltage, and low voltage. Drivers and restraints affecting market revenues, OEMs' presence in the market, and market share breakdown have been provided at the regional level.
Top 5 Trends and Implications—Recap of 2014 and 2015
Total Switchgear Market: Outlook, APAC, 2014
- Non-oil commodities prices experienced a fall of to %, severely impacting the mining industry across ANZ and Indonesia.
- Global crude oil price shock fell by %, with severe cutbacks of up to % in oil and gas (O&G) projects in Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Political disruptions hampered planned investments in Thailand.
- Huge destocking in the Philippines and slackened government spending in the construction sector in Singapore led to declined private investment.
- Building construction and government capital spending slow in South Korea.
Ormazabal has strengthened ties with TNB to establish CPG switchgear in Malaysia. Mitsubishi Electric began domestic sales in Thailand through its subsidiary.
IEC 61439 has replaced IEC 60439 as the standard for low-voltage (LV) switchgear products, with Singapore and Australia at the forefront.
Companies such as Siemens, Alstom, and ABB continued to manufacture modular switchgears that are efficient in terms of floor space.
- ABB discovered C5 gas as an eco-friendlier option for sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) used in gas-insulated switchgears (GIS).
- Is the APAC switchgear market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- How will the structure of the market change with time?
- Are the products offered today meeting customer needs or is additional development needed?
- Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their businesses to the next level?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The gas insulated switchgear market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.4% from 2016 to 2021” The gas insulated switchgear market is expected to reach a market size of USD 25.95 billion by 2021, ...
“Top 10 high voltage and medium voltage Products market is expected to reach USD 320.53 billion by 2021” The top 10 high voltage and medium voltage products market is expected to grow from an estimated ...
“The air insulated switchgear market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.68% from 2017 to 2022” The air insulated switchgear market is projected to reach USD 8.41 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR ...