Table of Contents
Opportunities in Rental will Fuel Market Growth
This research service analyses the used and rental general purpose test equipment market in Southeast Asia. The market is currently at a nascent stage. One of the main drivers of market growth is the expansion of manufacturing and development activities in the region. Strong customer support, fast turn-around time, and better transportation charges are among the key success factors in this market. The study discusses the market drivers and restraints and examines the used and the rental segment opportunities. Moreover, the competitive factors in the market and the best practices are also analysed. The base year for the study is 2013 with forecasts provided till 2018.
• The total used and rental general purpose test equipment market in Southeast Asia (SEA) was valued at $X million in 2013, and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X % till 2018.
• The used test equipment segment is more established in SEA and accounted for X% of the total market revenue in 2013; while the rental test equipment segment is still nascent, and contributed the remaining X%.
• The expansion of manufacturing and development activities in SEA is an important driver of the market.
• Uncertain economic conditions, at both regional and global levels, have forced customers to minimise costs on capital expenditure. Hence, they are seeking out for alternatives such as refurbished test equipment and rented test equipment.
• Strong customer support, fast turn-around time, and better transportation charges are some of the key success factors in this market.
1. The used and rental general purpose test equipment market in SEA is expected to grow at a CAGR of X% till 2018.
2. Although the total market has attained the growth stage, the rental segment is still nascent due to the prevailing notion that equipment needs to be purchased anew. This trend is expected to change with growing awareness on rental options.
3. The used and rental market is a clear indication of the ‘New Business Models’ mega trends as predicted by Frost & Sullivan, where next generation business models will redefine business propositions through better flexibility over traditional sales.
• Used segment
• Rental segment
• Spectrum analyzers
• Network analyzers
• Signal generators
• Power meters
• Electronic counters
• SEA (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, The Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam)
• Electronics manufacturing and semiconductor
• This research service analyses the used and rental general purpose test equipment market in SEA. The base year for the study is 2013, and forecast is provided till 2018.
• Countries under SEA taken into account for analysis are Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines.
• Market revenue is based on supply-side analysis of the used and rental test equipment sold in SEA. The study covers seven types of general purpose test equipment, all of which are mentioned in Slide 9 of this research service.
• End-user verticals considered in the study include electronics manufacturing and semiconductor, telecommunications, education and others.
• Electronics manufacturing and semiconductor vertical includes manufacturing, research and development activities related to front-end and back-end integrated circuit (IC) manufacturing, electronic components, and consumer electronics.
• Telecommunications include telco operators, network equipment manufacturers and telco contractors.
• Education includes labs in educational institutions.
• Others refers to aerospace and defence, repair and maintenance services and industrial applications.
• Revenues are in the US Dollar.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
What are the factors driving the growth of the market? What are the restraints?
Which key end-user segments are driving market growth in SEA?
Who are the key competitors in this market?
What are the competitive factors that companies can leverage to penetrate the market better?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The gas insulated switchgear market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.4% from 2016 to 2021” The gas insulated switchgear market is expected to reach a market size of USD 25.95 billion by 2021, ...
Use this report to: - Analyze the developing market for superconducting applications, materials and other enabling technologies. - Assess expected technological and market trends in the longer term. - ...
Use this report to: - Analyze various applications of the fiber optic sensor market and market dynamics of each application. - Evaluate growth strategies by key players in the fiber optic sensor market. ...