Table of Contents
Finally. After months and months of speculation, delays, and mounting uncertainty, the industry finally received word from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regarding the final rule to the Sunshine Act. Officially called the “National Physician Payment Transparency Program: Open Payments.” The rule will require drug and device manufacturers that receive government reimbursements to collect data on gifts and payments to teaching hospitals and physicians, starting on August 1st, 2013.
The purpose of this report is to gauge the impact that the adoption of the Sunshine Act will have on physicians’ interactions with the Pharma industry. We looked at a broad set of communication/ information channels so as to give Pharma sales, marketing, and brand managers a full picture of the environment they will be facing post-Sunshine Act.
Marketing • Sales • Medical Affairs • Managed Markets • Regulatory
What you will learn in this report:
• Physician preferences for interaction with drug makers (analyzed across 18 different information channels)
• The value physicians place on the same 18 information channels
• Effect the Sunshine Act will have on their continued use of each of the 18 channels
• The impact the Sunshine Act will or will not have on operations within a practice
How you can use this report:
• Anticipate how the implementation of the Sunshine Act is expected to impact the flow of drug information
• Proactively re-allocate tactical budgets to mix and design strategic activities and ensure consistent and appropriate delivery of your brand’s message
• Establish internal regulatory policies and guidelines for branded interaction with physicians based on channel effectiveness and availability
• Call center detailing
• Consulting engagements
• Drug specific websites
• Free samples
• General medical websites
• In-person, group detailing by sales rep
• In-person, one-on-one detailing by sales rep
• Mailed, paper literature about specific drugs/ products/ therapies
• Medical society websites and publications
• Peer-based, professional publications
• Pharma-sponsored dinner meetings
• Pharma-sponsored inperson CME seminar
• Pharma-sponsored webbased CME seminar
• Pharmaceutical company websites
• Principal investigator fees to conduct clinical trial research
• Research grants to conduct research
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
This unique 68-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com provides data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to assist diagnostics industry executives, as well ...
This new 75-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to help current suppliers and potential market ...
This new report from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular analysis of the Europe diagnostic testing market, including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, ...