Table of Contents
The report titled ‘The US Sugars and Sweeteners Market Outlook to 2017 - Non-Caloric Sweeteners to Foster the Future Growth’ provides a comprehensive analysis of various aspects such as market size, segmentation, trends and developments and future projections of the sugars and sweeteners market, which is mainly comprised of the refined sugar, caloric sweetener and non-caloric sweetener market. The caloric sweetener market includes the high fructose corn syrup, honey, dextrose and other edible syrups. The report also entails the market share analysis and company profiles of major players. The future analysis, trends and developments, government regulations and segmentation of the sugars and sweeteners market have also been discussed in the industry research report.
The US sugars and sweeteners market has been majorly driven by the use of sugars and sweeteners in various industries such as bakery, cereal, confectionery, ice-cream, dairy industry and the beverage industry in the US. The sugar production in the country has increased remarkably owing to significant investments in the new processing equipment, due to adoption of new technologies and application of improved crop varieties.
The booming sales of sugars, caloric and non-caloric sweeteners have propelled the US sugars and sweeteners market over the last six years. The revenues generated from the sales of sugars and sweeteners in the US have grown at a steady CAGR of 7.6% over the period of 2006-2012, with the revenues growing from USD ~ million in 2006 to USD ~ million in 2012.
The US caloric sweeteners market is an extremely concentrated market. About 90.0% of the revenues in the caloric sweeteners market were captured by the leading five companies in 2012. Archer Daniels Midland Company was the dominating player with a ~% market share in 2012. While the non-caloric sweeteners market in the US is largely dominated by Splenda sweetener which is produced by Tate and Lyle Company. Private Label sweetener was the second leading brand in the US non-caloric sweetener market with a share of ~% in 2012
The sugar market was the leading segment in the US sugars and sweeteners market in the US in 2012. The sugar market in the US comprised a share of ~% of the total revenues generated by the US sugars and sweeteners market in 2012. The dominance of sugar in the US sugars and sweeteners market can be attributed to both the large scale use of sugar in the industrial sector including bakery, dairy, confectionary, beverages and other such products and the non industrial use by households, hotels, restaurants and institutions. Sugar has become relatively less costly for the industry as compared to corn sweeteners owing to booming average price of corn sweeteners in the US and hence the demand for sugar has increased drastically over the last six years for both industrial and non-industrial use.
Medical conditions such as diabetes and obesity have inclined at a significant pace and are expected to grow further owing to the eating habits of the Americans which include consumption of junk food, oily foods including steak and confectionery products, which are responsible for weight gain and diabetes. Efforts to lose body weight and avoid medical conditions including diabetes and obesity have surged the demand for non-caloric sweeteners in the US in the last couple of years.
The revenues from the US sugars and sweeteners market are expected to reach USD ~ million in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 6.6% from 2012 to 2017. The highest contribution to the growth of the market is expected to come from the sugars and non-caloric sweeteners, which will grow at a CAGR of 7.1% and 22.8% respectively.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of the US sugars and sweeteners market size in terms of value (2006 - 2012)
- US sugars and sweeteners market segmentation by sugars, caloric sweeteners and non-caloric sweeteners
- The market size and future projections for sugar, caloric sweeteners and non-caloric sweeteners market in the US
- Raw sugar market segmentation by cane, beet and imported raw sugar consumption
- Refined sugar market segmentation by consumption in industrial and non-industrial use and by geography.
- The US caloric sweetener market segmentation by type: High Fructose Corn Syrup, glucose syrup, honey, dextrose and other edible syrups.
- Government regulations in the US sugars and sweetener market
- Trends and developments in the sugars and sweeteners market.
- Market share of major players in the sugars, caloric sweetener and non-caloric sweetener market (American Crystal Sugar Company, Amalgamated Sugar company, US Sugar Corporation, Florida Crystal Corporation, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargill Inc, Tate and Lyle, Ingredion, Roquette America Inc, Splenda sucralose, Private Label sweetener, Truvia, Sweet’N Low, Equal sweetener, Pure Via zero calorie sweeteners)
- Company profiles of the major brands and players operating in the US sugars and sweetener market.
- Future projections and macro economic factors of the US sugars and sweetener market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Next Generation Steviol Glycosides Evolving Beyond Reb A High intensity sweeteners (HIS), which are many times sweeter than sugar, are widely used as alternative sweeteners or sugar substitutes because ...
REPORT OBJECTIVES The report “Sweeteners: Global Market Intelligence (2012-2021)” provides market intelligence on the different market segments, based on type, application, and geography. Market size ...
Increased consumer awareness about obesity, diabetes and other health concerns have paved the way for the consumption and usage of alternative sweeteners worldwide. Alternative sweeteners are used as substitute ...