Table of Contents
Use this report to:
- Analyze various types of implementations of circuit elements with memory and to understand the dynamics of each of these implementation processes.
- Identify segments with high growth potential and to understand future application sectors within these segments.
- Understand the opportunities and highlights of the market for innovation-driven circuit elements with memory and the major regions and countries of the market.
- Discuss the major stakeholders in each of the regional markets and explain the global drivers, current trends, challenges and regional dynamics of the circuit elements with memory market.
- The global market for circuit elements with memory (memresistors, memcapacitors, meminductors) is expected to reach $529.6 million by 2021 from $39.8 million in 2016, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 67.8% from 2016 through 2021.
- The non-volatile memory application market is the largest market of circuit elements with memory. The market is expected to grow from $21.6 million in 2016 to $226.8 million in 2021 at a CAGR of 60.0% for the period 2016-2021.
- The global market for the control systems application of circuit elements with memory is expected to grow from $590 thousand in 2016 to $14.6 million in 2021 at a CAGR of 90.0% for the period 2016-2021.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report is an impact analysis of the market for circuit elements with memory (memresistors, memcapacitors, meminductors). The report covers factors currently driving and restraining growth in this market as well as those factors having an impact on the future of the industry. The goals and objectives of this report are:
- To understand the opportunities and highlights of the market for innovation-driven circuit elements with memory and the major regions and countries of the market.
- To analyze various types of implementations of circuit elements with memory and to understand the dynamics of each of these implementation processes.
- To identify segments with high growth potential and to understand future application sectors within these segments.
- To examine key trends and regional factors related to implementation types and to applications that shape and influence the overall market for circuit elements with memory.
- To examine region-specific developments in the market.
- To understand the major stakeholders in the market and the competitive landscape for market leaders.
- To analyze growth strategies of key players in the circuit elements market.
- To analyze patent data where relevant.
REASONS FOR CONDUCTING THE STUDY
Circuit elements that have the ability to store information without the need of a power source are set to bring a paradigm change in the dynamics of modern electronic devices. These devices are expected to cater to the major needs for low power consumption along with storage capacity. The memresistor is characterized by a relation between the charge and the flux, defined mathematically as the time integral of the voltage, which need not have a magnetic flux interpretation.
This relation can be generalized to include any class of two-terminal devices (which are called memresistive systems) whose resistance depends on the internal state of the system. There are a large number of systems that belong to this class, including the thermistor, whose internal resistance is dependent on temperature or spintronic devices, the resistance of which varies with the atomic configuration depending on the spin polarization. These devices have specific properties that appear most strikingly as a pinched hysteretic loop in the two constitutive variables that define them: current-voltage for memresistive systems, charge-voltage for memcapacitive systems, and current-flux for the meminductive systems. Many systems belong to these classifications, especially those of nanoscale dimensions. Indeed, with advances in the miniaturization of devices, these concepts are likely to become more relevant, since at the nanoscale the dynamical properties of electrons and ions may strongly depend on the history of the system, at least within certain time scales.
Apart from its usage in nonvolatile memory applications, this technology is also expected to be used in neuromorphic devices to simulate learning and spontaneous and adaptive behavior. Moreover, there are also chances of this technology being integrated with physiological behaviors that occur within a living cell. Thus, due to the versatility of these circuit elements, there is a large range of application areas that are still to be explored. Since the phenomena associated with memory are ubiquitous at the nanoscale, it is expected that the interest in these circuit elements will increase considerably in the coming years. Due to these factors, BCC Research considers circuit elements with memory (memresistors, memcapacitors, meminductors) as an important area for study.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The semiconductor metallization market is segmented into categories as follows:
- By implementation: Titanium dioxide memresistor, polymeric memresistor, layered memresistor, ferroelectric memresistor, carbon nanotube memresistor, spintronic memresistor, and others.
- By application: Nonvolatile memory, signal processing, neural networks, control systems, reconfigurable computing, brain-computer interfaces, radio frequency identification (RFID), industrial process control, and sensing.
- By region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World (RoW).
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the circuit elements with memory market, this report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key players in the market. The report covers the circuit elements with memory market from the component side (i.e., the market revenues are measured depending on the sales of the components used for circuit elements with memory). The market figures are calculated on the basis of total revenue of the manufacturers. All of the forecasted revenue values are unadjusted for variation in inflation rates and are measured at constant U.S. dollars with no fluctuations being considered due to foreign exchange rates.
This report will be of interest to the following groups:
- End-user businesses.
- Government agencies.
- Defense organizations.
- Raw-material providers.
- Network providers.
- Investors (i.e., private equity or venture capital).
The sources used to obtain the information included in this extensive commercial and
technical study of the market for circuit elements with memory include the following:
- Primary sources.
o Selected experts from related industries.
o Preferred suppliers.
- Secondary sources.
o Research papers.
o White papers.
o Databases such as OneSource, Factiva, Bloomberg, SEC (for company filings), and Reuters.
o Data from stock exchanges such as Toronto Stock Exchange (TMX), NASDAQ, Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Gaurav Bhushan is a research analyst and holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School (Hyderabad, India) and a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is the electronics and semiconductor markets, which he helps clients understand in a concise and intellectual manner. He has four years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, finance, and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics, and nanotechnology. He has published in subjects that include quantum dots, big data, ultracasia-pacificitors, home automation, helmet-mounted displays (HMDs), factory automation, and radio-frequency (RF) components, among others."
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
"Connectivity comprises only 14% of mobile IoT and LPWA solutions revenue and it is unclear how operators will successfully generate value beyond this." Total revenue from the mobile IoT and LPWA solutions ...
Digital transformation helps enterprises improve operational performance, efficiency, and business process. It involves the utilization of digital technologies, such as mobility, analytics, and social ...
“Growing need for centralized monitoring and predictive maintenance of manufacturing infrastructure is boosting the growth of the IoT in manufacturing market” The Internet of Things (IoT) in manufacturing ...