Table of Contents
Opportunity for Entry or Expansion
The research analyses the thermoset resins market in South Africa and Kenya with a base year of 2012, forecasted to 2017. The executive summary provides an overview of the 2 markets as a total, highlighting key metrics. The most relevant mega trends are discussed for this research. Market drivers and restraints are explained for each country separately. A discussion is given for each of the 2 forecasted markets for the 4 types of thermoset resins analysed in each country. A supply chain analysis is included for both countries for the supply and demand of thermoset resin. The competitive environment is included, highlighting leading market participants for the respective countries.
• The market for thermoset resins in South Africa and Kenya was valued at $X million in 2012 and is expected to reach $X million in 2017.
• Up toX% of the thermoset resin in South Africa is locally manufactured, but more than X% of the thermoset resin used in Kenya is imported.
• The biggest driver of thermoset resins in South Africa and Kenya is the construction sector as the largest application areas for thermoset resins are paints, coatings, construction chemicals, and composites.
• The South African market for thermoset resins is forecasted to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X% as the market is more mature than in Kenya, while Kenya is expected to grow at a CAGR of X% from 2012 to 2017.
• There are a few competitors for thermoset resins in both Kenya and South Africa; the largest suppliers are NCS Resins, Arkema SA, Scott Bader, KZN Resins, SI Group, and ADD Group in South Africa and Sika, Henkel, Adhesive Solutions Africa, and Polkerm in Kenya.
1. The thermoset resins markets for Kenya and South Africa were estimated to be worth $X million and $X million, respectively, in 2012.
2. The compound annual growth rate is likely to be X% for Kenya and X% for South Africa from 2012 to 2017.
3. Growth in the Kenyan and South African thermoset resins markets is driven by the construction sector.
4. Paints, coatings, adhesives, and construction chemicals are the largest application areas for thermoset resins in Kenya and South Africa.
5. The market is led by a few suppliers in South Africa and Kenya, with local manufacturing in South Africa.
Research Scope: Geography, Product, and End User
The geographic focus of this study is the following Sub-Saharan African countries:
• South Africa
• Epoxy Resins
• Unsaturated Polyester
• Phenolic Resins
• Polyurethane Resins
• Paints and Coatings
• Adhesives and Sealants
• Construction Chemicals
• Others (Automotive and Mining)
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
How big is the market for thermoset resins in South Africa and Kenya?
Will the market grow over the next 5 years? If so, at what rate, and what will drive this growth?
What are the sizes of the markets for the various product types in South Africa and Kenya?
Who are the biggest market participants for thermoset resins, and what are their respective market shares?
How is the distribution channel structured for thermoset resins in South Africa and Kenya?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Waterbased Coating Market: Overview Water-based coatings are a type of coating which use water as a solvent. Water is employed as a dispersal agent for resins to make them eco-friendly and easy ...
“Global phenolic resin market projected to register a CAGR of 5.8%” The global phenolic resin market is projected to reach USD 15.01 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 5.8% from 2016 to 2021. The growth ...
“The global unsaturated polyester resins market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.78% from 2016 to 2021” The global Unsaturated Polyester Resins (UPR) market is projected to reach USD 12.15 billion ...