Table of Contents
Disruptive Integrated Applications and New Partnerships Drive Growth
This market insight includes analysis of the enterprise mobile collaboration applications market in the Asia-Pacific region. Market sizing and forecast is provided for Asia-Pacific in terms of unit shipment of licenses. Detailed discussion of different UC vendors' licensing models are provided. The competitive landscape is examined at a vendor level with profiles of key unified communication vendors in the region provided.
• The enterprise mobile collaboration applications market, as part of the unified communications (UC) applications offerings, is one of the fastest-growing segments in terms of revenue and number of users, with immense growth potential in the future.
• There were approximately X million active mobile collaboration application users across the Asia-Pacific region in 2013, and they frequently access enterprise email, messaging, voice, conferencing, and social networking applications on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
• Mobile email continues to be the largest segment in 2013, with the estimated number of active users reaching Xmillion in the Asia-Pacific region. Bundled applications are the most widely adopted, including mobile email, calendars, corporate directories, and IM/presence, with advanced features such as enterprise voice and conferencing.
• Mobile messaging is the fastest-evolving application with enterprise-grade mobile clients for IM/presence with highly secured access in high demand. Mobile voice is also growing quickly with the increasing penetration of voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) solutions among enterprises in Asia-Pacific.
1. Mobile email made up X% of the enterprise mobile collaboration applications market in 2013.
2. UC vendors launched or upgraded their mobile collaboration applications in 2013.
3. Mobility has become the key growth strategy for both UC vendors and service providers.
4. IM/presence, video conferencing, and voice are widely deployed, with more than a X% annual growth rate.
5. Hybrid models of premise-based solutions and cloud services are gaining momentum.
Market Definition and Scope
• For this study, Frost & Sullivan defines enterprise mobile collaboration solutions as those that utilize mobile clients provisioned to mobile platforms including iOS, Android, and Windows. Such applications include mobile email, mobile voice, mobile messaging, mobile conferencing, and mobile enterprise social networking.
• All of the mobile applications mentioned above can be provided either as stand-alone applications or as a single integrated client with various bundles of functionalities enabled. For example, Cisco Jabber is an integrated client offering features such as voice, IM, and video. IBM Notes Traveler is a stand-alone mobile email application.
• The scope of this study only covers premises-based deployments; hosted or cloud-based services that use virtualized software in a service provider cloud in either private or shared architectures are discussed in a separate study.
• Total market size and forecast are calculated based on unit shipment of mobility licenses including bundled packages and stand-alone applications. To avoid double counting, advanced and premium packages inclusive of multiple features and deployed via a single client are counted as one license.
• Market size and forecast by revenue are not provided in this study primarily because the pricing models vary among the leading market participants. This aspect will be discussed in detail later on in other study.
• Includes email and related calendaring software licenses installed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Examples include Microsoft Mobile Outlook and IBM Notes Traveler.
• Includes softphone clients installed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. These mobile clients are able to deliver the enterprise telephony solutions. Examples include Cisco Jabber Voice, Avaya one-X mobile, and Microsoft Lync Voice. Mobile applications such as Skype and Viber are not included.
• Includes IM/presence and unified messaging applications installed on mobile devices. IM/presence indicates a user’s real-time status within the corporate network; unified messaging integrates the storage of voice mail, fax, and email messages into a single platform accessible via email, phone, Web browser, or a unified client. Examples include Avaya Aura Messaging, Cisco Jabber for Everyone, and Microsoft Lync.
• Includes either stand-alone audio and video conferencing solutions or integrated solutions with enterprise communication tools such as email, IM/presence, and voice. Examples include Avaya Aura Conferencing with Avaya Flare Experience, Cisco Jabber, and Microsoft Lync Meetings.
• Includes enterprise social network and team collaboration applications on mobile devices. Examples include Salesforce Touch (Chatter) and Yammer On The Go.
Geographical Region Covered:
Asia-Pacific, including ANZ (Australia and New Zealand), ASEAN (Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia), Greater China (Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan), India, Japan, and South Korea
Base Year: 2013
Forecast Period: 2014 to 2018
The research methodology for this study includes:
• Interviews with equipment vendors, telecom operators, hosted/cloud service providers, channel partners, and customers
• Product use and demonstrations
• Frost & Sullivan published studies
• Decision support databases
• Company Web sites
• Published company financial statements
• IT journals and other secondary sources
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This 360 View Update focuses on SoLoMo (Social, Location, and Mobility) apps, including marketplace apps (e.g., Uber, Airbnb, and Grubhub), messaging apps (e.g., Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, and Whatsapp), ...
“Boost in connectivity and productivity of both employees and enterprises is driving the growth of the mobile enterprise application market” MarketsandMarkets: The mobile enterprise application market ...
Summary This Strategic Focus report analyses the current trends, drivers, and inhibitors impacting the enterprise mobility management market. The report outlines the evolution of enterprise mobility management ...