Table of Contents
Brand Recognition and Product Portability to Boost Vendors’ Market Presence
This market insight analyzes the various requirements of communication test equipment end users, globally, and provides strategies test vendors can use to achieve higher sales of their equipment. The segments included in this analysis are wireline, wireless, and fiber optics. The results and analysis are based on an end-user survey, weighing their input about various factors including product features, test vendor selection, end-user knowledge, purchase influencers, and distribution structure. The base year for this study is 2013.
• The key product segments covered in this deliverable include wireline, wireless, and fiber optic communication test equipment.
• The survey was answered by several types of end users consisting of network equipment manufacturers, service providers, and original equipment manufacturers.
• The key results of the survey include:
oBrand recognition forms the key criterion for test-vendor selection.
oSpeed, performance, and ease of use are the most sought after product features.
oPortable instruments are preferred whenever possible.
oEnd-user knowledge varies depending on the level of difficulty and sophistication of the test product but improves sales.
oBoth direct and indirect sales are equally prevalent; however, choosing the right distribution channel depends on various factors, including geography and product sophistication.
oCustomers unanimously want to engage with vendors during product development, which will ensure that they get the product they want regarding features, style, and functionality.
The objective of this survey is to analyze the various requirements of communication test equipment end users, globally, and provide test vendors with input and strategies they can use to achieve higher sales of their equipment.
For the purpose of this analysis, Frost & Sullivan has segmented the communication test equipment market into 3 categories. They include:
• Fiber optic
The results and analysis are based on the end-user survey and their input on various factors, including product features, test-vendor selection, end-user knowledge, purchase influencers, and distribution structure.
• Transport test equipment—Includes SONET/SDH, unframed BERT, Ethernet (GbE and X GbE), and others, including fiber channel
• Next-generation networks and services test equipment—Includes voice, video, data security, and IMS test equipment
• Access networking test equipment—Includes test equipment used in cable and telecom networking for technologies such as DSL, GPON, and EPON
• Mobile—Device test equipment
• Base—Station test equipment
• Drive test equipment
• Mobile backhaul and wireless core test equipment
• OTDR, OLS, OPM, OLTS, OSA, RFTS, and others including tunable lasers, CD, PMD, CWDM, and DWDM equipment.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What factors do end users consider while choosing a particular test vendor?
What features do end users look for in a particular product category?
What type of test instruments do end users prefer?
What distribution channel is best suited for test vendors?
How knowledgeable are end users in the communication test industry?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...
"Despite a decline in overall fixed revenue in Western Europe, fixed broadband and IPTV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 2.5% between 2015 and 2021." Fixed broadband revenue in Western Europe (WE) is expected ...
This report provides: - an interim update of our 5-year forecast of more than 175 mobile and fixed KPIs for the Middle East and North Africa, as a whole and for 12 key countries, which was previously published ...