Table of Contents
The industry research publication titled ‘Indonesia Fertilizer Industry Outlook to 2017 – Escalating Usage of Organic Fertilizers’ presents a comprehensive analysis of market size by volume of fertilizers in Indonesia. The report entails the market share analysis and company profiles of major players in the fertilizer industry. The future analysis and segmentation by functionality and distribution channel have also been discussed in each of the sub-segment.
The consumption of fertilizers in Indonesia reached ~ thousand tons nutrients in 2012, growing at a decent growth of 7.1% from 2006 to 2012. Considering the overall fertilizer market, it can be inferred that the nitrogen fertilizers have the highest contribution in the Indonesia fertilizer market while phosphate and potash fertilizes occupy minor share. However, the contribution of nitrogen fertilizers declined from 2006 to 2012. The fertilizer market in Indonesia is concentrated with major players being few state owned corporations. These corporations are the subsidiaries of PT Pupuk Indonesia Holding Company. The fertilizer products market of Indonesia has been dominated by the urea during 2006-2012 with PT Pupuk Kalimantan Timur as the key player acquiring a lion’s share in the urea market of Indonesia. This is due to the fact that spending of government on fertilizers has swelled more than the production cost for the industry. Prices of natural gas which is the main input for production of urea increased which caused the prices of urea to surge by almost 50.0% in 2007 and 2008. The state wise production of fertilizers is mainly concentrated in three cities namely Sumatera, Kalimantan and Java with around 85.0% of the contribution in 2012.
The government of Indonesia plans to revitalize agriculture, fishery and forestry industry by extending the agriculture areas up to 2.5 million hectares by 2014. Around 70% of such area would be used for plantations while the remaining for food crops. This would give a boost to production of various fertilizers in the country. Moreover the production capacity of all fertilizers is expected to increase with various new plants coming up in different cities driving the consumption of fertilizers in the country which is expected to reach ~ thousand nutrients tons in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 7.4% during 2012-2017. The fastest growing segment would be of phosphate fertilizers witnessing a growth of 13.8% during 2012-2017.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of the Indonesia fertilizer market in terms of volume in the last years (2006 - 2012)
- Indonesia fertilizer market segmentation by nutrients(nitrogen, phosphate, potash)
- Indonesia fertilizer market segmentation by crop usage (cereals, oil seeds and others)
- Indonesia nitrogen fertilizer, phosphate fertilizer and potash market size in terms of volume in years 2006-2012.
- Indonesia nitrogen fertilizer, phosphate fertilizer and potash fertilizer segmentation by products and crop usage.
- Trends and Developments and Government regulations in the fertilizer market in Indonesia
- Competitive landscape and company profiles of major players operating in fertilizer market of Indonesia (PT Pupuk Pusri, PT Pupuk Kujang, PT Pupuk Kaltim, PT Pupuk Iskandar Muda)
- Future projections and macro economic factors of Indonesia fertilizer industry
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Agricultural biologicals market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.76%” The agricultural biologicals market was valued at USD 5.10 billion in 2015 and is projected to have a CAGR of 12.76% from ...
“Global nitrogenous fertilizers market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.33%” The nitrogenous fertilizers market is projected to reach a value of USD 127.0 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 2.33% from ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...