Table of Contents
End Users Save Time and Money, Vendors Gain Market Share
A MAC is a one-stop solution provider catering to all of an end user’s automation needs. The MAC assumes responsibility for all automation-related functions of a project. This market insight provides an overview of the MAC model and its advantages over the conventional multi-vendor approach adopted by end-users in Southeast Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. Some of the end users include oil and gas, power, chemicals and petrochemicals, water and wastewater, metals and mining, food and beverage, and electronics. The base year for this study is 2012.
• Growing demand for one-stop automation solution providers among end users is positively fuelling the growth of the main automation contractor (MAC) model in Southeast Asia (SE Asia), Australia, and New Zealand (ANZ).
• The MAC model has been around for more than Xyears but is gaining popularity only now. This is due to both end users and automation providers realising the significance of this model.
• From the end-user point of view, an automation project executed through the MAC model results in project cost savings between X and X%.
• The complexities involved in the conventional multi-vendor approach are also eliminated largely because of the single point of contact.
• Automation vendors also see the MAC model as a platform to build long-lasting relationships with end users, which is an important factor in increasing their market share.
• The MAC model will see greater adoption among end users with the growing knowledge base and expertise of the automation vendors.
• With automation and control systems being an integral part of high-value projects, there is a growing demand among end users to reduce project costs and complexities involved in executing them.
• Automation vendors are increasingly needed to provide integrated solutions across the value chain to meet the automation needs of end users.
• It is only recently that automation vendors have realised the implications of a one-stop solution provider.
• With the projects getting bigger and the need to do more with less, end users are now looking for automation providers that can become MACs.
• This market insight provides an overview of the MAC model and its advantages over the conventional multi-vendor approach that end users adopt in SE Asia and ANZ.
• SE Asia
• New Zealand
Product Segmentation (includes hardware, software, and services)
• Programmable logic controller
• Distributed control system
• Supervisory control and data acquisition
• Human-machine interface
• Manufacturing execution system
• Others (include enterprise asset management and advance process control)
• Oil and gas
• Chemicals and petrochemicals
• Water and wastewater
• Metals and mining
• Food and beverage
• Others (include pharmaceuticals, paper and pulp, and automotive)
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Growing need for cost effective data center cooling solutions is one of the drivers driving the data center cooling market” The global data center cooling size is estimated to grow from USD 7.12 ...
“Plasterboard market projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7%” The plasterboard market size is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period of 2016–2021 and reach USD 23.85 billion ...
Use this report to: - Identify present and emerging technologies, suppliers, and market strategies in the building-integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) industry. - Quantify the range of BIPV markets for various ...