Table of Contents
Government Initiatives to Increase Downstream Prospects for Non-Ferrous Metals and Mining
Indonesia, which is part of BRIICS group, has a large non-ferrous metals and mining market. The macro trends such as high GDP, FDI investment, and investment in non-ferrous projects drive the sectors such as aluminium, copper, nickel, tin, and so on. These are high growth sectors catering to the domestic market as well as to the other nearby APAC regional markets. Despite slow growth, the mining industry continues to hold immense resource potential and fast growing domestic demand will complement the market potential for non-ferrous metals in the country. This study covers the macro trends, supply demand scenario, investment opportunities, and the economic scenario and its impact on the non-ferrous metals and mining market.
Macro Level Analysis
Economic Growth Determinants
Trends in Non-Ferrous Metals and Mining Market
Mining Industry in Indonesia
Non-Ferrous Metals and Mining Market Dynamics
Competition and End Use Analysis
Growth Drivers and Restraints
Key Investment Opportunities and Vision 2025
MP3EI Goals and Objectives
Government Expenditure for MP3EI
Why Indonesia?... Some Quick Facts
• Largest Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) economy
• Sixth-largest Mining Market
• Largest Thermal Coal Exporter
• Largest Archipelago with X Islands
• Third-largest Democracy
• PossessesX% of the Global Geothermal Resources
• Ninth most Favourite FDI Destination
• Second-largest Tin Producer
• Second-largest Nickel Ore (Laterite) Producer
• Largest Natural Gas Reserve in APAC
Density: X people/ Sq. kilometres
Total Area: X square kilometres
Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
Main Cities: Jakarta, Surabaya, Bandung, Medan, Semarang
• Indonesia is an archipelago withX islands in the southeast Asian region.
• Bahasa Indonesia, English, Dutch, and local dialects such as Javanese are the key languages.
• The current President of the country is Susilo Bambang Yudhonoyo who belongs to the Parti Demokrat (PD) (Democratic Party). He is serving his second and final term as President.
Administrative Islands and Provinces of Indonesia
Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam
Kep. Bangka Belitung
• President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono was re-elected in 2009 due to improved economic growth during his first presidential term. However, he cannot contest in the 2014 elections due to constitutional rules.
• The Master Plan of the Acceleration and Expansion of Indonesia’s Economic Development (MP3EI) announced by the government is a step toward promoting inclusive economic growth.
• The Indonesian economy is primarily driven by domestic consumption, and the continual growth of domestic capital will play a crucial role in the medium- and long-term performance of the economy.
• The manufacturing sector contributes the most to gross domestic product (GDP), followed by the mining and quarrying sector. These two sectors also collectively receive the highest foreign direct investment (FDI).
• The country has been running a current account surplus for the past three to four years. This is primarily due to the strong performance of its manufacturing sector.
• Indonesia has several advantages in terms of its population.
oIn 2012, X% of the population was under the age of X.
oBy 2025, Indonesia is expected to experience a demographic dividend whereby the proportion of productive population will be larger than the proportion of unproductive population. This is expected to give rise to higher economic growth.
oIndonesia is witnessing a rising middle class that is expected to reach Xmillion by 2014.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
About Lightning Rods A lightning strike carries around 100 million volts of electricity and up to 100,000 amperes of current. Hence, lightning protection systems are critical to ensuring the safety of ...
About Industrial Shredder Machine Market An industrial shredder can shred all kinds of materials such as tires, car wrecks, metals, plastics, wood, and garbage. However, the shredding process depends on ...