Table of Contents
High Landfill Levy to Boost Efficient Waste Collection and Recovery Efforts
•In Australia, the solid waste management (SWM) market is in the mature stage. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the total SWM market is expected to be X% from 2013 to 2018.
•The market size in 2013 stood at $X billion; it is expected to be $Xbillion in 2018.
•The solid waste generated in Australia has continued to rise due to population growth and changing consumerism pattern, increasing urbanization, and economic activities.
•The Government of Australia (GOA) realized the importance of integrated waste services for a sustainable environment protection and economic growth in the country.
•The leading segment in solid waste management market in 2013 is waste collection service. It captured a market share of X% in 2013, and it is likely to capture a higher market share at X% in 2018.
•Waste recovery segment is expected to gain market share, while the waste disposal segment is likely to witness decreasing revenue and market share.
•Among three types of wastes, revenue generated from Commercial and Industrial (C&I) waste accounted for the highest market share at X% in 2013.
•In the same year, New South Wales (NSW) generated the highest revenue. It accounted for X% of the market size.
•Market restraints include inconsistent standards and regulations across states and territories in Australia, and lukewarm demand for recovered materials.
•However, strong market drivers such as increasing landfill levy is expected to push efficiency in waste collection and incentivize waste recovery efforts. In addition, improving public awareness on waste recycling is expected to spearhead waste sorting and recovery initiatives.
- The market is in the matured stage with a X% growth rate in 2013.
- The total solid waste management market in Australia amounted to $X billion in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of X% over the next X years.
- The Australian Government’s focus on waste diversion from landfill is expected to boost the growth of the waste recovery.
- The top five waste management companies account for less than half of the market share at X%.
- Besides basic waste management services, environmental protection solutions are value-added propositions to win new customers
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How is the market growing? Which waste segment is lucrative?
- What is the current and forecast size of the solid waste management market in Australia?
- What are the factors and entities that drive the market?
- What are the key trends for solid waste management services in collection, recovery, and disposal in Australia?
- Who are the major market participants? What does it take to be successful in the market?
- How are the waste segments gaining market share?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Increased globalization and a surge in population and Gross Domestic Product (GDP), among others have led to an increase in the overall waste volume globally. According to World Bank in 2012, urban population ...
Solid Waste Recycling in China Firms in this industry sort and conduct secondary recovery of non-metal waste and recycled fragments from various other types of solid waste. These enterprises turn waste ...
This report forecasts the total recovery of post-consumer glass from the US municipal solid waste (MSW) stream in short tons to 2021. For comparison, this report also forecasts to 2021 the total generation ...