Table of Contents
Consumer Demand and Global Investor Activity Secure FM Opportunities
•The retail sector is an important part of the facilities management market in terms of contribution to the country’s economy. In 2012, revenue in Australia’s retail sector totalled $ billion.
•The importance of the wholesale sector, characterised by purchasing finished goods and reselling these to retailers or directly to end-customers, has decreased as manufacturers increasingly act as wholesalers too.
•Additionally, the growth in online shopping has driven demand for warehouses at major logistic hubs; to reduce costs and time when serving the Australian market.
•The Australian facilities management (FM) market for retail, wholesale, and warehousing is highly fragmented.
•This market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of X% during the forecast period.
•In 2012, thirty-five per cent of FM services was outsourced and X% delivered in-house. It is estimated that only X% of outsourced FM services was delivered as an integrated facilities management (IFM) solution, while X% was delivered as “Other services”.
•The demand for retail, wholesale, and warehousing, driven by consumer demand and a stable economy, is the major driver for FM services, while the approach of some building owners and all-round cost pressures are limiting factors for the growth of FM services.
•A number of trends in retail, wholesale, and warehousing that impact FM delivery have been identified. They include sustainability and reduction in energy consumption, advanced tracking systems, a shift from e-commerce to m-commerce, as well as more home delivery services.
- The FM market for retail, wholesale, and warehousing is mature, but highly fragmented.
- New technology and the online shopping trend impact retail, wholesale, and warehousing. These dynamics will impact FM services in the long-term.
- Most of the FM services in the retail, wholesale, and warehousing sectors are provided in-house.
- The most important reason for in-house FM delivery by retail owners is the perception that the building is a part of their core business.
-Janitorial services are the most important FM services in the retail, wholesale, and warehousing sectors.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What is the current and forecast size of the total FM market for retail, wholesale and warehousing in Australia?
- What are the current and forecast splits of in-house versus outsourced FM services for retail, wholesale, and warehousing?
- What is the current split of soft FM versus hard FM services in the retail, wholesale, and warehousing sectors?
- How is this further split by specific service categories?
- What are the key drivers and restraints for FM services to the retail, wholesale, and warehousing sectors?
- What are the key issues and trends in FM delivery for the retail, wholesale, and warehousing sectors?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The Global Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems market is valued at USD 9.56 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 22.56 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of ...
In the modern world’s fast-paced, customer-driven economy, the warehousing and logistics industries are looking for robotics solutions, more than ever before, to remain globally competitive. While robotics ...
The North America ASRS market is valued at USD XX.XX billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD XX.XX billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of XX.XX% during the forecast ...
Logistics And F...