Table of Contents
Mobile Messaging : The next-generation global social networks
In-depth analysis of companies, strategies and markets
Smartphone owners worldwide are rapidly taking up an innovative form of mobile communications and social networking: mobile messaging apps.
Hundreds of millions are downloading the apps – from KakaoTalk, Line, WeChat, WhatsApp and others – to access free chat messaging, voice and video communications, mobile entertainment and commerce.
This presents a huge opportunity to create international digital businesses. And a major threat to Facebook and Twitter.
The companies behind the apps have global ambitions
• Line, from Japan, is targeting half a billion users this year
• WeChat is spending $200 million per year on international marketing to become China’s first worldwide tech brand
• US leader WhatsApp processes 50 billion messages per day
• South Korea’s KakaoTalk is installed on 93% of the country’s smartphones
Comprehensive analysis of the fast-moving mobile messaging market
• Understand the mobile messaging business and the leading companies
• How they are creating next-generation mobile social networks
• Their global battle to reach every one of 5.6 billion smartphones worldwide by 2019
• Competing business models, major markets and strategies for international expansion
• The impact on mobile games, entertainment content and online-to-offline (O2O) commerce
• Opportunities for mobile brand marketing
• Facebook’s and Twitter’s strategies to fight the threat posed by messaging apps
In-depth company profiles and SWOT analysis of the major messaging providers
• KakaoTalk – South Korea
• Kik Messenger – Canada
• Laiwang – China
• Line – Japan
• Nimbuzz – India
• Tango – USA
• Viber – Cyprus
• WeChat – China
• WhatsApp – USA
Company profiles cover
• Overview of the messaging app and its innovative features
• Funding and business model
• Company timeline
• Major markets, user numbers and growth
• Partnerships and third-party services
• Advertising services
More essential data
• 131 charts, graphs and tables
• Key information on international markets
• Overview of 24 start-up messaging companies
• 151 pages
Who is this report for?
Game changers – the innovators who are transforming social media, mobile communications, media, advertising and technology.
Investors and analysts following major messaging and mobile companies, social networks and media organisations, and technology news, strategy and market developments.
Social media, mobile, advertising and media professionals, to stay current with the fast-moving and complex mobile messaging market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Reduction in queuing & transaction time and increased convenience in making low value payments are driving the contactless payment market” The contactless payment market is estimated to grow from ...
"The decline in time spent in dedicated communication apps should act as a wake-up-call to the telco industry." This report analyses real-world smartphone usage data to answer urgent questions about the ...
This IDC study forecasts the worldwide voice and text messaging communications platform-as-a-service market to grow from $867 million in 2016 to $8.2 billion in 2021. The voice and text messaging CPaaS ...