Table of Contents
- This report provides detailed analysis of primary survey research on tablet users in three countries in the Middle East and Africa (MEA). The survey is a subset of the larger survey of more than 43 000 tablet users in 17 countries worldwide, the analysis of which is published in a separate report.
- Saudi Arabia, the UAE and South Africa were selected because their relatively high usage of tablets compared with other countries in the region enabled us to collect sufficient data points for meaningful analysis.
- The survey of more than 3600 individual tablet users in these three countries was conducted in association with On Device Research in June and July 2013, using a questionnaire consisting of 71 questions.
- The survey was conducted on the tablets themselves, enabling us to verify that respondents were active tablet users, and to encourage strong engagement with our questionnaire.
- This report presents the most important survey results in three areas – ownership and purchasing behaviours, distribution channels, and take-up of data plans and bundles – and provides recommendations for mobile operators. The impact of shared ownership and gifting is investigated in detail.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Cellular data traffic in Sub-Saharan Africa will be over 9 times higher in 2021 than in 2016 – this growth will be key to mobile operators' future prospects." Mobile network operators in Sub-Saharan ...
"Cellular data traffic in the Middle East and North Africa will be 484% higher in 2021 than in 2016 – mobile operators must monetise this growth." Mobile network operators in the Middle East and North ...
United Arab Emirates