Table of Contents
EpiCast Report: Migraine - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023
Migraine is typically characterized by recurring headaches, throbbing pain on one side of the head along with one or more of the following symptoms: nausea; vomiting; and increased sensitivity to light, sound and smell (Bigal and Lipton, 2006). Because migraine is one of the most prevalent types of headache, there is a substantial economic and social burden associated with the condition worldwide, and it is therefore recognized as a high-priority public health problem by the World Health Organization (WHO) (Leonardi et al., 2005; Lusic, 2001). The Global Burden of Disease (GBD) study in 2010 ranks migraine as the first among the neurological disorders (Leonardi and Raggi, 2013).
In 2023, GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the total prevalent cases of migraine in the 7MM remained almost the same, with 75.83 million total prevalent cases in 2013 and 76.38 million total prevalent cases, with an annual growth rate (AGR) of 0.07% in the forecast period. Throughout the forecast period, the US will have the highest number of total prevalent cases of migraine, with 29.61 million total prevalent cases in 2013 and 31.13 million total prevalent cases in 2023.
GlobalData epidemiologists obtained total prevalence data for migraine from peer-reviewed journals and population-based studies in the respective markets and used consistent methodology to ensure comparability of results. Furthermore, GlobalData epidemiologists made a meaningful assumption that the age- and sex-specific total prevalence of migraine in the 7MM would remain constant throughout the forecast period because epidemiologic literature suggests relatively stable trends in the prevalence of migraine worldwide, thereby providing a realistic and meaningful forecast for the age- and sex-specific total prevalent cases of migraine in the 7MM.
- The Migraine EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global trends of migraine in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the total prevalent cases of migraine segmented by age (beginning at 18 years and ending at 80 years and older), sex, and the number of total prevalent cases of migraine with aura and without aura in these markets.
- The migraine epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global migraine market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global migraine market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for migraine therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Identify the number of migraine cases with aura and without aura.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Migraine - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global market ...
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Dysmenorrhea - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global ...
The global OTC Analgesics market accounted for a market value of USD XX billion in 2015. The market is expected to reach USD XX billion in 2016 and USD XX billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of xx% during ...