Table of Contents
EpiCast Report: Major Depressive Disorder - Epidemiology Forecast to 2025
Major depressive disorder (MDD), also known as clinical depression or major depression, is widely recognized as a mood disorder that may lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems. MDD is characterized by persistent feelings of sadness, anger, irritability or frustration, loss of interest in activities, and overeating or loss of appetite that can last from days to months, and alternates with episodes of wellness. Little is known about the etiology of MDD; however, research suggests that there may be combinations of genetic, biological, environmental, and psychological factors that potentially increase the risk of MDD.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD in the 7MM will increase from 37,157,683 12-month total prevalent cases in 2015 to 38,142,749 12-month total prevalent cases in 2025, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 0.27%. The US will have the highest number of 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD among the 7MM throughout the forecast period, while Japan will have the least number of 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD. As GlobalData epidemiologists used steady prevalence proportions of MDD over the forecast period, the growth in 12-month total prevalent cases in each market can be attributed to the change in population demographics.
GlobalData epidemiologists utilized country-specific and nationally representative peer-reviewed publications to forecast the 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD. The use of consistent methodology across the 7MM allows for a meaningful comparison of the forecast of 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD in these markets. Additionally, the 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD in each of the 7MM are segmented by severity, which can be of importance for predicting the prognosis and course of treatment. Lastly, the 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD in each of the 7MM are further segmented by age and sex in order to provide a more detailed analysis of the patient population.
- The Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of MDD in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiology forecast of 12-month total prevalent cases of MDD segmented by age (18-19 years, in five-year increments from ages 20-84 years, and ending at ages 85 years and older), sex, and severity in these seven markets.
- The MDD epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The MDD EpiCast report will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global MDD market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global MDD market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for MDD therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Identify the percentage of MDD 12-month total prevalent cases by age, sex, and severity.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Major Depressive Disorder - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
The global antidepressants market is estimated to grow to approximately USD 13.4 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 1.8%. Depression affects an estimated 121 million people worldwide and the antidepressant ...