Table of Contents
Big Data Analytics and Mobility to Play a Role in Industrial Automation
- By 2018, the shift in oil and gas (O&G) production to unconventional sources such as tight oil in difficult-to-access European locations is expected to increase the emphasis on lower operational costs and high production throughput of the equipment used.
- End users’ preference for a data analytics solution is poised to increase between 2013 and 2018 because of advantages such as maximum resource utilization and minimum production downtime.
- From 2013 to 2018, the main automation contractor (MAC)/ main electrical contractor (MEC) value chain model will likely be adopted in the European O&G industrial automation market.
- A cyber security solution is expected to become an indispensable part of industrial automation for the O&G segment to prevent losses occurring from cyber attacks.
- The digital oilfield concept is expected to gain acceptance among major European O&G companies between 2013 and 2018, driven by merits such as centralized operability and organized visualization that lead to higher productivity.
Pumps are mechanical devices used to compress, raise, or move fluids with suction or pressure. Positive displacement (PD) pumps and centrifugal pumps are included in this study.
Valves are devices that regulate, control, and direct the flow of fluids, fluidized solids, and slurries. These devices do this by closing, partially opening, or opening the passageway. Multi-turn valves, quarter-turn valves, and control valves are included in this study.
Actuators are used to operate and control valves by producing linear or rotary motion through motors, pistons, or other devices from fluid, electric, or other sources of power under the action of a controlling source. Hydraulic actuators, electric actuators, and pneumatic actuators are included in this study.
Compressors are mechanical devices that increase the pressure of a fluid by reducing the volume. They are used to transport fluids through pipes. Reciprocating compressors, rotary compressors, and centrifugal compressors are included in this study.
Automation and Control Systems (ACS)
ACS refers to the different types of control systems: distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), safety instrumented systems (SIS), supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), industrial asset management (IAM), and manufacturing execution systems (MES) that are used in the O&G industry to automate various processes.
These motors are electrical devices that produce motive power from electricity or an internal combustion engine. Alternating current (AC) motors, direct current (DC) motors, and servo motors of all power and voltage ratings are included in the study.
These drives are electrical devices that regulate the power and voltage supplied to electric motors based on input from a controller. AC drives and DC drives of all power and voltage ratings are included in the study.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Smart factory market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2017 and 2022” The smart factory market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% between 2017 and 2022, to reach USD 205.42 ...
“The increasing focus on farm efficiency and productivity and adoption of new technologies in farming drive the growth of the agricultural robots market” The agricultural robots market is expected ...
“Robotic process automation market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2017 and 2022.” The robotic process automation market is estimated to reach USD 2,467.0 million by 2022, ...