Table of Contents
MediPoint: Biopsy Devices - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body. It can either spread to neighboring tissues or remain localized. When a patient is suspected of having a particular type of cancer, a biopsy procedure is performed to extract a target tissue sample for histological analysis. This intervention typically provides a definitive cancer diagnosis for the patient. Given that these procedures play such an important role in the diagnostic pathway for various cancers, medical device manufacturers have worked to develop devices that maximize the volume and quality of the tissue samples, as well as decrease their negative impact on the patient’s body.
The biopsy devices market is segmented by cancer indication and by the type of biopsy procedure performed. Beyond providing a general analysis and forecast for each device segment in different global regions from 2013-2022, this report offers a more detailed approach by assessing the adoption patterns of the different biopsy procedure types for specific cancer indications in specific geographies. This report and forecast focus on the adoption patterns of biopsy guns, fine needle aspiration (FNA) devices, core needle biopsy (CNB) devices, and vacuum-assisted biopsy (VAB) devices, as well as biopsy forceps and punches in the diagnosis of breast, prostate, lung, liver, colorectal, and thyroid cancers.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the procedure volumes for different biopsy procedures in different countries? How will the volumes change in the next five years?
- Growth in the biopsy devices market is driven by an increasing number of cancer incident cases. What are the current numbers of cancer diagnosed cases in different geographies? How will the numbers change in the upcoming years?
- Biopsy guns are most frequently used biopsy devices and core needle biopsy devices gain popularity over fine needle aspiration devices. What are the current adoption trends of different types of biopsy device in different geographies? How will the adoption trends evolve in the near future?
- There are various types of biopsy devices and different companies have a different strategic product focus. Who are the leading players in the biopsy devices market?
Reasons to buy
- “What Do Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Government initiatives in cancer treatment to fuel growth of the global biopsy device market during the projected period Global demand for biopsy devices is increasing, supported by rising incidence of ...
Canada Biopsy Devices Market Outlook to 2023 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "Canada Biopsy Devices Market Outlook to 2023", provides key market data on the Canada Biopsy Devices market. The report ...
Brazil Biopsy Devices Market Outlook to 2023 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "Brazil Biopsy Devices Market Outlook to 2023", provides key market data on the Brazil Biopsy Devices market. The report ...