Table of Contents
South Africa is one of the fastest developing countries in the world. Provinces of Gauteng, the Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natalare prominent commercial destinations in the country. With a population of over 54 million, the country maintains a large motor vehicle fleet which is continuously expanding, and thereby boosting the country’s tyre demand. Development of urban areas, improving infrastructure and enhanced government support are serving as catalysts to the growth of automotive market in the country. The automotive sector in South Africa was hit hard by a series of labor/worker strikes in 2013, which had a negative effect on the industry in terms of production loss and loss of credibility of the country as a reliable supplier. However, with the signing of the three-year service agreement between automotive OEMs and the labor unions, automotive production in South Africa is projected to witness robust growth over the forecast period, simultaneously propelling demand for tyres in the country.
According to “South Africa Tyre Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020”, tyre market in South Africa is forecast to exhibit a CAGR of over 11% through 2020. Rising per capita income, expanding automotive fleet, increasing automobile exports and continuing launch of new vehicle models in the domestic market, are the major factors driving automotive industry in South Africa. Growth in automotive sector is resulting in increased demand for both OEM and replacement tyres. Segment wise, passenger car tyres are expected to remain dominant in the market through 2020. In 2014, replacement tyre segment dominated the market, predominantly on account of extensive use of commercial vehicles for construction purposes. Replacement segment is expected to retain its dominance in the market over the forecast period. “South Africa Tyre Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020” discusses the following aspects:
- South Africa Tyre Market Size, Share and Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – Passenger Car Tyres, Commercial Vehicle Tyres, OTR and Two-wheeler Tyres
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of tyre market in South Africa
- To identify the on-going trends and segment wise anticipated growth in the coming years
- To help industry consultants, tyre companies and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based on both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with tyre companies and retailers. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global tire market witnessed a marginal growth during 2012-16, predominantly due to prevailing effects of Eurozone Crisis and slump in the crude oil prices which impacted the global automobile industry. ...
Use this report to: - Analyze the technologies and markets in the steel fiber and tire industries that influence demand for and development of tire reinforcement materials. - Gain insight into international ...
“Increasing demand for low rolling resistance tires driving the tires OE (Original Equipment) market” The tires OE market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.48% from 2016 to 2021, to reach a market ...