Table of Contents
Lucrative Market Opportunities, Despite Political and Economic Turmoil
- The Egyptian paints and coatings market was valued at xx million Egyptian Pounds (LE) in 2013 and is expected to reach LE xx million by 2018 (1 LE = xx US Dollar).
- Decorative coating is the leading product segment, in terms of revenue, with xx % share, followed by wood coatings ( xx %), industrial protective coatings ( xx %), automotive coatings ( xx %) and marine coatings ( xx %) in 2013.
- Foreign investments into Egyptian economy and tourism sector continue to subside due to continual violent political clashes between the government and the opposition, having resulted in one of the worst economic crisis ever faced by the country. Continual devaluation of the national currency has also laid a setback for paints industry, as more than xx % of the raw materials used by this industry are imported.
- The organised segment primarily consists of manufacturers that cater to both industrial and decorative paints market. They provide both water- and solvent-based emulsion paints and varnishes.
- The unorganised segment consists of a large number of small fragmented companies. They primarily cater to the low price and solvent-based decorative paints and wood coatings market, constituting xx % of the overall paints market in Egypt.
- Tinting and synthetic alkyd paints have been the fastest-growing segments among all categories with historical growth rate at xx % and xx %, respectively, between 2008 and 2013. Alternately, industrial and automotive coatings have suffered severely due to slowdown of industrial development within the country.
The paints and coatings market is currently facing a down stride with economic and political instability in Egypt.
Tinting and synthetic alkyd paints are the fastest-growing paint categories with base growth rates exceeding xx % in each category.
With more than xx % of the raw materials being imported, Egyptian Pound depreciation is expected to make raw material procurement costlier.
Product pricing remains the single most important factor considered by end users in determining the product purchase.
- Egypt is the largest manufacturer, consumer, and exporter of paints in North Africa.
- Egypt is expected to show strong demand for decorative paints once the political stability is re-established in the country. However, there are a number of restraints that can hamper the expected growth.
- This study aims at analysing the key paints and coating categories, understanding their demand and supply structure, providing drivers and restraints for the industry and finally, evaluating the competitive scenario in the segments covered.
- Decorative paints include all lacquers and paints used to decorate and paint surfaces such as walls, doors, and roofs. Decorative paints are the largest segment within paints. It is a high-volume market and has been further subdivided into alkyd paints, emulsions, and tinting based on chemistry type.
- Automotive coatings are further split into OEM coatings and refinish coatings. The coating is used to paint cars when the new one is not the same as the one used when it needs to be repaired. When coatings are applied to new cars, they are cured (or dried) at temperatures of more than xx degrees, which is not possible in refinishes as metal parts could be damaged.
- Industrial protective coatings are applied on various steel and concrete structures to preserve long-term strength and integrity. They are able to withstand adverse conditions that can result from atmospheric exposure or contact with corrosive chemicals. These coatings are used in oil and gas industry, chemical industry, power and water utilities, food and paper industries, bridges, roads, and railways.
- Marine coatings are quintessential for protecting hulls of ships from salt water, which is particularly corrosive. Organic matter such as barnacles and seaweed also builds up quickly on vessels, damaging the hull and undermining speed and energy efficiency. To protect the hulls of the ships, special products such as anti-fouling or foul release coatings are used in the marine industry.
- Wood coatings are applied to anything made of wood, be it home or office furniture, kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, flooring, windows and doors, or various other factory-finished building products, which are coated to enhance their appearance and protect them.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Complete report $12,700. Individual company assessments $2,450. This thought-provoking report on performance, capabilities, goals and strategies of the major competitors in the worldwide paints and coatings ...
“Global paints & coatings market to register a CAGR of 5.07% from 2016 to 2021” The global paints & coatings market was valued at USD 141.58 billion in 2015 and is projected to register a CAGR of ...
“Metal Coatings market to register a CAGR of 6.1% from 2016 to 2026” The global metal coatings market is estimated to reach USD 14.34 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2016 to 2026 The market ...