Table of Contents
Cisco Event Analysis
During October 29–31, 2013, Cisco hosted the Internet of Things (IoT) World Forum in Barcelona (Spain). This 2-and-a-half day event was designed for the official launch of IoT globally and to explore the size of the opportunity in key market verticals. This event hosted more than 800 attendees, including xx press members and analysts. Partner companies that sponsored the forum included: SAP, Oracle, Zebra Technologies, Schneider Electric, Rockwell Automation, and AGT International, among other gold, silver, and bronze sponsors. There were xx keynotes and customer business cases were presented during morning and afternoon sessions.
The 1st IoT World Forum was created to bring industries together and to share the message that IoT “is here.” John Chambers (Cisco’s CEO) invited all companies to join the new IoT ecosystem and also asked for their commitment. Over the course of more than 2 days, the The IoT is aiding the IT industy in its evolution in understanding its value for both leisure and work.
Attendees saw and heard, first-hand, the rapid transformation toward becoming an application economy. Big Data has become open data and, consequently, smarter data. This is one of the topics covered during the IoT World Forum. Other topics covered included the value companies see using the IoT and how usage better positions them to deliver applications and services that are innovative; furthermore, how the IoT improves user relationships globally.
The forum was also focused on the idea that adoption of IoT offers myriad opportunities. Benefits of adoption include increased value that is newly defined, more efficient output, and better communication, leading to improved quality of life. Adoption of IoT is accelerating, and that the opportunities are limitless.
The IoT World Forum in Barcelona received more than 800 registrations.
- With over xx attendees, the first event was a success and the steering committee (SC) is already looking for a new city and company to host the 2014 edition.
- Based on information gathered from the registrations, more than xx countries were represented.
- Most of the attendees were business and global thought leaders from across industries, technologies, and geographies.
- The main objective of the event was to accelerate the IoT market, telling the audience that IoT is available for business and all its opportunities.
- The IoT World Forum was sponsored by xx partner global companies.
- 2013 was the official launch (kick-off) of the first IoT World Forum.
- By 2020, we will have xx billion “things” connected and a $ trillion IoT market.
- There were xx breakout sessions with customers, partners, Cisco executives and also the Deputy Mayor of Barcelona speaking.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
"Connectivity comprises only 14% of mobile IoT and LPWA solutions revenue and it is unclear how operators will successfully generate value beyond this." Total revenue from the mobile IoT and LPWA solutions ...
“Growing need for centralized monitoring and predictive maintenance of manufacturing infrastructure is boosting the growth of the IoT in manufacturing market” The Internet of Things (IoT) in manufacturing ...
Use this report to: - Learn about the important role that sensors play in Internet of Things (IoT) applications. - Gain an insight in to the opportunities that the IoT provides for sensor manufacturers. ...