Table of Contents
Current Scenario and Future Outlook on Cloud Computing in Brazil
- Revenue for the Brazilian cloud computing market in 2012 is $ xx million in 2012. Revenue is expected to reach $ xx billion by 2017 at a xx % compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
- Cloud computing solutions, such as infrastructure as a service and software as a service, will show great growth over the next years in terms of revenue, because companies already know what they are used for. Platform as a service will also have a growth but its participation in the overall market will remain low, because clients are still learning what the service is for.
- The aspects that are driving cloud computing adoption in Brazil are cost reduction, turning capital expenditure (CAPEX) into operational expenditure (OPEX) , the flexible environment giving options to increase or decrease the infrastructure according to the companies' needs, and the fact that the information will be available everywhere and be accessed anytime.
- The aspects that are restraining cloud computing in Brazil are security, CIOs' fear of having information stolen or accessed by 3rd parties, connectivity, which is crucial for cloud computing, poor quality, and the fact that Brazilian companies are still not aware of the cloud computing concept.
- Although the Brazilian economy has not grown as quickly as expected in the last few years, especially in 2012, when the Brazilian GDP grew only xx % from 2011, IT services grew xx % in 2012 compared to 2011, reaching $ xx billion.
- Due to the weakened Brazilian economy, companies are looking for cost reductions and trying to outsource what is not their core business. Cloud is becoming an alternative for companies once it is no longer necessary to invest in CAPEX, since billing is based on usage.
- The Brazilian cloud computing market is becoming more mature in terms of adoption by companies for cost reduction, agility in having access to information, and a focus on the core business. There are big demands for IaaS and SaaS. The market is now starting to demand some PaaS solutions.
Cloud computing is directly related to the strategy to turn CAPEX into OPEX and is a great option to reduce costs. Instead of investing money in expanding capacity and having to manage and control it, companies are willing to invest in services.
The option to increase or decrease the infrastructure according to companies' needs is a great driver for them, especially for their CFOs.
Information Available Anywhere
The business model of cloud computing, together with mobility, enables companies to have access to their information anywhere, anytime, accessed by any device that has an Internet connection.
The main restraint for the adoption of cloud computing is security regarding data protection, as data can be stored in any server. With increases in market knowledge about cloud computing, this concern will correspondingly decrease in the market.
Connectivity still requires investments in Brazil, where the quality is still low despite being crucial for cloud computing, once all information is accessible via the Internet.
Lack of knowledge
Although the majority of the market already understands the concept of cloud computing, the companies still have a lot to understand and learn about this business model, especially when they try to talk about PaaS.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This 2017 module has 138 pages and 67 tables and figures Worldwide hyperscale data center markets implement cloud computing with shared resource and the aim, more or less achieved of providing foolproof ...
C-Level Enterprise Data Center Assessment: WinterGreen Research announces a study to address the move from Ethernet wiring for the data center with Cat5e to fiber. The ability to get optics going in the ...
“The growing need for a highly scalable centralized system for the management of field services is expected to drive the Field Service Management (FSM) market” The FSM market size is expected to grow ...