Table of Contents
Locus of the Solar Photovoltaic Market Shifts from Europe to Asia-Pacific
The Asia-Pacific region is the current leading market for the solar Photovoltaic (PV) industry; it replaces Europe, which had been the largest solar market worldwide until 2012 with more than 69 Gigawatts (GW) of cumulative installed capacity. The global solar power market has progressed rapidly from an annual market of less than 1 GW in 2003 to a market of over 16 GW in 2010 and 30 GW in 2011. The total solar PV installed capacity in Europe saw steady growth from 2002 to 2011. This impressive performance was driven mainly by two markets, Germany and Italy. However, for the first time in more than a decade, the European market for solar PV declined in 2012 and this trend is due to continue into 2013. The European market dipped in the third quarter of 2013, compared to Q3 2012, after restrictions on the import of modules from China were implemented. Germany, which installed around 7.6 GW in 2012, saw its installation level fall to 3.5 GW in 2013.
Asia-Pacific, which was previously a distant second to the European market saw a rise in installations from 2011 onward, mainly driven by China, Japan and Australia. Asia-Pacific overtook the European market for the first time in 2013, mainly due to the boom for solar power in China, along with policy initiatives in Japan since 2012. Solar PV demand from the Asia-Pacific region accounted for over 40% of global PV demand in 2013 and is expected to be the leading regional market for solar PV by 2020, China is expected to be the leading market of the region as around 47 GW of solar PV are planned by 2020.
- The report provides in-depth detail on Solar Photovoltaic (PV) market trend in 2013.
- Further report also gives holistic view of major Asia-Pacific and European countries which includes major country installations, feed-in tariff and policy changes, sun shine hours and land availability for Solar PV.
Reasons to buy
- Overview of major countries and driving forces for Solar Photovoltaic (PV) demand
- Feed-in tariff, land pricing and availability in the major countries
- Details on country policy and average hours of sun shine
- Major countries annual installations for the period 2010-2016
- Major emerging countries and government support for solar PV installations
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global solar tracker market is expected to reach 26.77 GW installed capacity by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for renewable energy in developing countries ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Building-Integrated Photovoltaics market is accounted for $6.94 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $28.6 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 22.4% from 2015 ...