Table of Contents
Stakeholders Explore Advanced Security techniques towards Ensuring Big Data Security
Time to procure information is gradually becoming very critical in businesses for the extraction of values from various data sources such as mobile devices, Web, automated sensory technologies, RFID, social networking Websites, and so on. Big Data platform can help in achieving these requirements for the organizations. However, with the rapid explosion of data across sectors there are several security issues emerging in the space in recent years. Lack of security is acting as the major hindrance for mass adoption of the technology. The research service assesses the key trends and the root causes of security concerns for Big Data ecosystem. It also analyses the activities of the stakeholders to understand the most innovative and effective approaches available for protecting data in the Big Data ecosystem.
The research service includes the following:
• Overview of Big Data Security market, including its importance
• Technology value chain, and key stakeholder activities throughout the components of the value chain
• Key technical and operational issues in big data security architecture
• Strategies to address security issues
• Key initiatives and major projects for Big Data security from the Government
• Key Innovations from the industry participants with impact of innovations in Big Data security market
• Key initiatives from the Standardization bodies
• Stakeholder analysis using Mitchell’s model
• List of key contacts and patents.
- Advancement to next-generation firewalls, malware detection and data leakage protection form the major focus areas in security. Integration of the security features into Big Data is catching up. The deployment constraints, complexity with integration and performance limitation are certain overlooked categories.
In Big Data security market, the concentration of the stakeholders is mainly towards two segments of the value chain, storage source security and application level security. Various developers from network security market are enhancing their product line by incorporating Big Data into their systems and addressing specific needs of storage security. With very basic security feature sets, application developers have emerged recently.
- Certain technological and operational flaws such as “Sharded” data, security schemes, Node and application communications model reflect the non-availability of security for Big Data. However, with various methods of operation and further development of technology through extensive R&D protection could be improved to a considerable extent.
- Computational level security is one of the most neglected areas for big data security. Vey few initiatives are taken in this space. NoSQL lacks security features thus requiring good amount of research and development from the participants to enhance protection during data processing in a big data system.
There are various initiatives from the Government bodies for improving the security system of Big Data. However, the ecosystem lacks initiatives from Standardization bodies. There are very few standardization bodies such as Cloud Security Alliance and National Institute of Standards and Technology which are trying to address security challenge for Big Data. In order to set data collection standards in the big data market for privacy protection, more involvement from other standardization bodies like OASIS and Web Services Interoperability (WS-I) group would help.
- High security for Big Data with only Hadoop integration is often claimed by the developers of space, however one vital element is not much focused by the developers for marketing purposes i.e. additional integration of analytics and visualization piece into the system along with Hadoop. Thus for the complete system, developers are required to add xxcomponents into the system which affects the performance of the solution to great extent. Developers with comprehensive approach handle security and performance issue in a much better way compared to other segments.
- Comprehensive solutions where security is integrated within the system works with its own repository of data which helps seamless manipulation of data and in performing specific activities which are not possible with third party integrated solutions. Comprehensive integrated single solution also helps in reducing the cost for the users.
Step 1: To provide a thorough analysis of each topic, Technical Insights’ analysts perform a review of patents to become familiar with the major developers and commercial participants and their processes.
Step 2: Building on the patent search, the analysts review abstracts to identify key scientific and technical papers that provide insights into key industry participants and the technical processes, on which they work.
Step 3: The analysts then create a detailed questionnaire with content created to address the research objectives of the study, which functions as a guide during the interview process. While the analysts use structured questionnaires to guarantee coverage of all the desired issues, they also conduct interviews in a conversational style. This approach results in a more thorough exchange of views with the respondents, and offers greater insight into the relevant issues than more structured interviews may provide.
Step 4: The analysts conduct primary research with key industry participants and technology developers to obtain the required content. Interviews are completed with sources located throughout the world, in universities, national laboratories, governmental and regulatory bodies, trade associations, and end-user companies, among other key organizations. Our analysts contact the major commercial participants to find out about the advantages and disadvantages of processes and the drivers and challenges behind technologies and applications. Our analysts talk to the principal developers, researchers, engineers, business developers, analysts, strategic planners, and marketing experts, among other professionals.
Step 5: The project management and research team reviews and analyzes the research data that are gathered and adds its recommendations to the draft of the final study. Having conducted both published studies and custom proprietary research covering many types of new and emerging technology activities as well as worldwide industry analysis, the management and research team adds its perspective and experience to provide an accurate, timely analysis. The analysts then prepare written final research services for each project and sometimes present key findings in analyst briefings to clients.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302