Table of Contents
Advanced Mobile Computing Enabled by Next Generation Processors
Processors have been the most important part inside any computing device. Personal computers was the first consumer device employing processors. Over the period the primary computing platform is shifting from desktops and laptops to smartphones and tablets, i.e. to devices that are extremely mobile. With the integration of various features in these mobile devices there has been the requirement for advanced processors that are able to multitask while consuming minimum power. Power efficiency is a main parameter for choosing the processor as current batteries available for tablets and smartphones are not technologically advanced for prolonged usage. This research service deals with processors that are mainly targeted at smartphone and tablets, which are the emerging areas for consumer electronics.
The research service includes the following:
• Overview of next generation processors for consumer electronics devices
• Technology value chain, and key stakeholder activities throughout the components of the value chain
• Key technology trends, challenges, and drivers for next generation processors
•Stakeholder activities and stakeholder analysis using Mitchell’s model
•AHP-based (Analytical Hierarchy Process) technology benchmarking of competing technologies for mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones
• List of key patents.
Step 1: To provide a thorough analysis of each topic, Technical Insights’ analysts perform a review of patents to become familiar with the major developers and commercial participants and their processes.
Step 2: Building on the patent search, the analysts review abstracts to identify key scientific and technical papers that provide insights into key industry participants and the technical processes, on which they work.
Step 3: The analysts then create a detailed questionnaire with content created to address the research objectives of the study, which functions as a guide during the interview process. While the analysts use structured questionnaires to guarantee coverage of all the desired issues, they also conduct interviews in a conversational style. This approach results in a more thorough exchange of views with the respondents, and offers greater insight into the relevant issues than more structured interviews may provide.
Step 4: The analysts conduct primary research with key industry participants and technology developers to obtain the required content. Interviews are completed with sources located throughout the world, in universities, national laboratories, governmental and regulatory bodies, trade associations, and end-user companies, among other key organizations. Our analysts contact the major commercial participants to find out about the advantages and disadvantages of processes and the drivers and challenges behind technologies and applications. Our analysts talk to the principal developers, researchers, engineers, business developers, analysts, strategic planners, and marketing experts, among other professionals.
Step 5: The project management and research team reviews and analyzes the research data that are gathered and adds its recommendations to the draft of the final study. Having conducted both published studies and custom proprietary research covering many types of new and emerging technology activities as well as worldwide industry analysis, the management and research team adds its perspective and experience to provide an accurate, timely analysis. The analysts then prepare written final research services for each project and sometimes present key findings in analyst briefings to clients.
- Consumer electronics devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and smart TVs have enabled a new dimension of user experience by providing multiple functionalities. The heart of all these systems is the processor which performs all the functions either directly or indirectly. Earlier Intel was the leader in the production of processors acquiring up to xx percent of the shares in the PC market. But with the advent of mobile computing technologies many companies like Samsung, Nvidia and Qualcomm are evolving in the market competing strongly against each other. While adding more transistors and improving the processor speed was the only criterion checked by the processor manufacturers or the end users earlier low power consumption , system on a chip, multi core processors, etc. are observed to be the key trends driving the manufacturers as well as the end users now.
- The processor is the microchip inside these devices which processes all the data sent to it by the devices and other programs. The higher the processing speed of the device the better is the user interface as the user can perform all the computations at a high speed. After the processors have reached a certain processing speed, speed is no longer observed to be the challenge in this field. Instead other challenges such as low power consumption, reducing the processor size, etc are observed to be much more significant.
- With so many trends evolving in the processor market end users will be able to select the suitable processors for their devices based on various factors such as size, clock speed, power consumption, etc. Multi core processors are expected to be used extensively in smart phones and other upcoming devices as they consume lesser power and are comparatively more effective.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Deep learning technology is driving the evolution of artificial intelligence (AI) and has become one of the hottest topics of discussion within the technology world and beyond. Given the rate at which ...
This IDC study provides the worldwide market and vendor share results for PC discrete graphics processing unit vendors for the fourth calendar quarter of 2016. The accompanying Excel file contains historical ...
About Supercomputers A supercomputer is defined as a system that is designed to solve problems or issues that require an extraordinary number of computations across fields such as engineering, science, ...