Table of Contents
Collision-prevention Functions Hold Potential of Fourfold Revenue Growth by 2020
Park-assist systems currently hold a larger share of revenue potential among ADAS applications in North America, whereas the current shift is towards collision avoidance.
- The advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) market in North America is expected to attain revenue of $xxbillion by 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6%.
- Despite being front-runners, German original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are expected to hold less revenue potential than volume manufacturers such as GM, Ford, Fiat-Chrysler, and Hyundai-Kia.
- The North American ADAS market is expected to experience a paradigm shift of popular ADAS applications from a convenience perspective such as park assist towards legislation-driven collision-avoidance applications such as forward collision warning (FCW), lane departure warning (LDW), and blind-spot detection (BSD).
- Over the next xx years, the C and D vehicle segments are expected to hold maximum revenue potential and growth opportunities for ADAS, as they provide the appropriate price-volume justification.
- Rear-view camera, LDW, and FCW are expected to be mandated in North America by 2017, whereas ADAS applications such as NV are expected to have minimal penetration unless there is a technological breakthrough in thermal imaging.
Key Conclusions and Future Outlook
Suppliers with a strong strategy for chassis–ADAS integration are likely to lead innovations in the market.
•Only..% of .. million passenger cars in North America are equipped with ADAS applications for active safety.
•Affordable solutions among the mass-market OEMs play a vital role in deciding the penetration of ADAS technology.
•The growth of various ADAS studies during the forecast period is dependent on the legislation pertaining to them.
•North America is expected to trail Europe in the global ADAS market.
•Bosch, Continental, and TRW exploit their chassis portfolios with their safety offerings, whereas Autoliv, Valeo, and HELLA tend to concentrate on pure-play safety innovations.
•Price and functionality will be the major differentiating factors among suppliers of various ADAS technologies, as suppliers are expected to expand their portfolios and so further crowd the market.
•Suppliers such as Autoliv, Bosch, Continental, and Valeo, having a strong hold on autonomous driving, are expected to dominate the ADAS market.
•Radar-based ADAS technologies are expected to be preferred over camera-based technologies: they find a broad range of applications in forward and lateral safety functions, whereas ultrasonic is considered only for very-short-range applications, such as PA.
•Sensor fusion (radar- and camera-based systems) and lidar technology will be key areas of interest for both OEMs and suppliers.
•Stereo cameras are predicted to become an integral part of camera-based systems once the autonomous driving market has picked up in North America.
Research Aim and Technology
The aim of this study is to research, analyse, and forecast ADAS technologies in the North America market of key global OEMs, and the factors affecting their growth and performance. Objectives: This study focusses on the market for 6 advanced driver assistance systems and OEM strategies on implementing them. The key focus of this research is to analyse:
•Market overview and trends
•Product and technology analysis
•Industry challenges, market drivers, and restraints
•Market size and forecast assessment
Frost & Sullivan’s research study is based on secondary and primary research data. Secondary research involves extraction of information from existing reports and project material within the F&S database, including data and information gathered from technical papers, specialised magazines, seminars, and Internet research. Primary research includes interviews conducted over the phone by senior consultants/industry analysts with car manufacturers, Tier I system suppliers, regulatory authorities, and industry experts. Primary research has accounted for 80% of the total research.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Which ADAS technologies are expected to be mandated in North America before the end of the forecast period, and how would such mandates affect other technologies?
Which of the major OEMs are leading the North American ADAS market in terms of revenue potential and total unit shipment?
How do suppliers differentiate themselves in terms of their ADAS portfolios?
Is sensor fusion the only way forward, or can advanced vision-detection algorithms deliver the same output?
Will autonomous driving affect the growth of ADAS technologies?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This IDC study provides data for ADAS and microprocessors for 2015-2020, with analysis and commentary."The increased adoption of more sophisticated ADAS function, which will eventually result in autonomous ...
“Increasing penetration of telecommunication services in the automotive industry to fuel the top 10 automotive technologies market” The top 10 automotive technologies are projected to grow at a CAGR ...
IFrame The global advanced driver assistance systems market was valued at USD 22.69 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 78.19 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of over 28% during the forecast period ...