Table of Contents
Includes 3 FREE quarterly updates
Romania's food and drink sector will be a regional outperformer over the next five years, driven by an improving labour market, real wage growth and low levels of inflation. A VAT cut on food products from June 2015 will provide an additional boost to the sector. The food retail sector will also benefit from this positive outlook, with further investment to come as the sector consolidates.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- Food consumption growth year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2015: +5.2%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2014-2019: +5.6%.
- Per capita food consumption growth (y-o-y) in 2015: +5.5%; CAGR 2014-2019: +5.9%.
- Alcoholic drinks value sales growth (y-o-y) in 2015: +3.5%; CAGR 2014-2019: +6.0%.
- Soft drinks value sales growth (y-o-y) in 2015: +4.4%; CAGR 2014-2019: +5.7%.
- Total mass grocery retail sales growth (y-o-y) in 2015: +5.6%; CAGR 2014-2019: +7.3%.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global population is growing at a rate of 1.14% and the increasing calorie intake per capita is leading to substantial increase in the global food production. Growing urbanization and changing lifestyles ...
In 2015, packaged food recorded higher value growth than the CAGR witnessed over the review period. An increase in average unit prices and the launch of new products were the main factors behind value ...
Increasing urbanisation, disposable income and improving life styles in India supported the growth of packaged food in 2015. An increasing number of women working in urban India with less time for preparing ...