Table of Contents
Includes 3 FREE quarterly updates
Romania's food and drink sector will be a regional outperformer over the next five years, driven by an improving labour market, real wage growth and low levels of inflation. A VAT cut on food products from June 2015 will provide an additional boost to the sector. The food retail sector will also benefit from this positive outlook, with further investment to come as the sector consolidates.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- Food consumption growth year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2015: +5.2%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2014-2019: +5.6%.
- Per capita food consumption growth (y-o-y) in 2015: +5.5%; CAGR 2014-2019: +5.9%.
- Alcoholic drinks value sales growth (y-o-y) in 2015: +3.5%; CAGR 2014-2019: +6.0%.
- Soft drinks value sales growth (y-o-y) in 2015: +4.4%; CAGR 2014-2019: +5.7%.
- Total mass grocery retail sales growth (y-o-y) in 2015: +5.6%; CAGR 2014-2019: +7.3%.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
FMI study offers seven year forecast of the global diabetic food market between 2014 and 2020. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.9% in value terms during the forecast period. The study provides ...
Future Market Insights (FMI) study offers a seven year forecast of the global food preservatives market between 2014 and 2020. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.5% in terms of revenue during ...
Packaged food in Macedonia continued recording stable growth in 2015 thanks to the stable demand for products in most of its largest categories, especially staple foodstuffs. Packaged food is witnessing ...