Table of Contents
• This market covers the operation of restaurants and catering facilities in airports across Western and Eastern Europe, excluding Russia and Turkey.
• It does not include duty free and other store-based retailing at airport sites or the provision of food on-board planes by airlines.
• We quantify the market size, historical growth rates, while reviewing key factors behind these figures.
• We also carry out an in-depth analysis of the relevant drivers of industry growth – including the macroeconomic environment, the trends in passenger volumes and the impact of other factors such as airport privatisation and commercialisation, enhanced airport security and the growth of low-cost carriers – setting out historical trends and available forecasts.
• Our forecast for industry growth is based on this analysis of historical trends and growth drivers.
Why is this report interesting?
• The airport catering market was hit by the downturn in the global economy and hence passenger volumes following the onset of the credit crunch in 2008.
• It has since recovered strongly.
o Passenger volumes have bounced back to exceed pre-crisis levels in most countries.
o Ongoing privatisations and other commercial imperatives mean there is an increasing appetite on the part of more airport owners and operators to maximise the commercial returns on their assets
o Catering operators have continued to innovate their formats and their use of brands to maximise the appeal of their offerings to passengers.
• In contrast to the increasing maturity of much of the contract catering sector, airports now appears to be a segment with attractive growth prospects.
• The market has seen corporate activity in the recent past with a major demerger and re-organisation at one of the leaders, Autogrill, in 2013. However, sales processes considered by private equity investors at two other market leaders, SSP and Elior, did not lead to successful exits hence many in the industry expect to see further activity.
Who is it useful for?
• The report is intended for:
o Operators of airport catering businesses
o Airport operators
o Investors in these businesses
o Potential new entrants to the airport catering market
o Market regulators and policymakers
o Banks, analysts, consultants and other parties with interests in the sector
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The air traffic management market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.73% during the forecast period” The growth of the Air Traffic Management (ATM) market is dependent on the upcoming Greenfield ...
“The increasing usage of software to manage passenger traffic is one of the key factors expected to drive the growth of the ground handling and support software market” The ground handling and support ...
“Increased air traffic passenger is the prime factor expected to drive the growth of the smart airports market” The smart airports market is projected to grow from USD 11.31 billion in 2016 to USD ...