Table of Contents
The industry research publication titled ‘Egypt Online Advertising Market Outlook to 2017- Favorable Prospects in Online Search Advertising’ presents a comprehensive analysis of market size of online advertisement, display, search, lead generation, sponsorship advertisement, digital video, e-mail, mobile and classifieds segment in Egypt. The report entails the market share analysis and company profiles of major players in the online advertising industry. The future analysis and segmentation by type of advertisements have also been discussed.
Egypt has a resilient advertising industry which was buoyant even during the financial crisis during 2009. Majority of the advertisement spending came from the public sector and the telecommunications industry. The online advertising industry of Egypt has grown at a CAGR of 71.9% during 2007-2012 reaching a market size of USD ~ million in 2012. Online advertising industry spending in Egypt has been headed by the telecom services, which contributed a 15.0% in 2012, with a spending of USD ~ million. Other important sectors included banking and finance, automotive and real estate sector which had a share of ~%, ~% and ~% respectively in 2012 in the overall online advertising spending in the country. The Egypt online advertising industry mainly comprises of search engine advertising and display advertisement, which cumulatively accounted for 80.0% of the total market in 2012. Currently in Egypt, online display advertising tops with its share of ~% in online advertisement spending, particularly due to its resemblance to the traditional banner type advertisements. However, the importance of online search advertisements is gradually increasing as the advertisers have started to realize the significance of compact and targeted advertisements. Other segments such as video, mobile, lead and online sponsorship were minimal contributing segments in the industry. The leading platforms in the online display advertising industry included players such as Google, Facebook and Yahoo while the leading advertising agencies included Starcom, OMD, Universal Media and few others.
The online advertising industry in Egypt is set to witness an immense rise as the economy is recovering from political turmoil and the internet penetration and computer literacy is expected to increase tremendously. During 2013-2017, the online advertising spending in the country is expected to reach USD ~ million in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 36.7% during 2012-2017. Most of the internet advertisements would continue to be driven by the display advertisements and search advertisements, with display making a contribution of ~% and search advertising contributing ~% in 2017.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of the Egypt online advertising market in terms of value during 2007 - 2012
- Egypt online advertising market segmentation by type of advertisement (display, search, social, lead generation, sponsorship, mobile and video advertising)
- Egypt online advertising market segmentation by spending on industry (banking, real estate, telecom services and others)
- Egypt online search, display advertising, lead generation, sponsorship, mobile and video advertising market size in terms of value (2007-2012)
- Trends and Developments in the online advertising market in Egypt
- Competitive landscape of players operating in online advertising market of Egypt in search, display and video advertising. (for both platforms such as Google, Facebook) and leading advertising agencies such as Starcom, OMD, Universal Media, Initiative and others)
- Future projections and macro economic factors of Egypt online advertising.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Net increase: Internet and mobile traffic will grow, bolstering demand for digital advertising services Abstract Digital Advertising Agencies The Digital Advertising Agencies industry has benefited from ...
The advertising scene has undergone radical change and is still changing. With profits down between 5% and 10% on an annual basis, the performance of the traditional advertising market is under constant ...
About Online Classified Advertising Online classified advertising is one of the fastest-growing types of online advertising. It covers a broad range of ads related to the buying and selling of products ...