Table of Contents
The report titled “Asia-Pacific Cosmeceuticals Industry Forecast to 2017 - Medicated Cosmetics Present Bright Prospects” provides a comprehensive analysis of the industry with detailed discussion on countries covered such as Japan, China, India, Vietnam, Thailand and South Korea. The report gives detailed understanding of industry performance, market size, segmentation, trends and developments, competitive landscape of major players and forecast of the industry to 2017. The study covers market segmentation by products (Skin care, Hair care and other) and by distribution channels and highlight statistics by production and consumption in value and volume terms.
The term cosmeceutical is still new in the market and spreading its reach very rapidly with escalating number of women in workforce, developing lifestyle, accessibility and awareness of personal care. Skin lotions and moisturizers, deodorants and perfumes, eye and facial make-up preparations, oil, soaps and shampoos, hair colors, toothpastes, injectables and materials use as a component of a cosmetic product are part of cosmeceuticals.
Asia-Pacific cosmeceuticals market has contributed nearly 63.1% to the global market in 2012. Medicated cosmetics market in Asia Pacific represents the highest growth segment in the skin care market as the number of topical cosmeceutical treatments for conditions such as aging and wrinkles have been used widely in the recent years. In the skin care market, facial skin care category, an emerging need for anti-aging cream and lotions has aided the market growth in the recent years.
Presently, cosmeceuticals are available as OTC products and are easily reachable to the users who are relatively ignorant and dispossessed of relevant information about pharmaceutical ingredients. The cosmeceuticals market proposes huge potential among major Asia Pacific countries including Japan, China and India. In the cosmeceuticals market in Asia-Pacific region, Japan contributed the major share of 40.0% in 2012, followed by China. The revenue of cosmeceutical products from other countries such as India, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and others have also gained traction. The amount of production of quasi-drugs in Japan was the largest with medicated skin care cosmetics, followed by hair remedies and others. The contribution of skin care product segment has increased in the past few years due to the inflating demand for fairness products amongst women and the men category especially in the urban areas in India.
South Korea functional cosmetics market was worth USD 72.6 million in 2008. The industry showcased year on year growth in its revenue due to higher demand for dermaceutical products by Korean men and women. The expansion in the preferences for skin care and hair care products by Korean customers intensified the overall medicated cosmetics industry in the country.
KEY STATISTICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The cosmeceuticals market in Asia Pacific region has inclined with the anticipated double digit growth rate during the next three years from 2013-2015.
- The cosmeceuticals industry in Japan is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% in the next four years from 2013-2017. The market is expected to observe higher growth especially in anti-aging skin care and scalp care segments.
- The cosmeceuticals market in China has grown by 3.8% in 2012 with herbal cosmetic brands are playing a major role in the industry. The market for dermaceuticals in India has been largely driven by anti-aging skin care products and has grown at a higher average annual growth rate of 10.9% from 2007-2012.
- The Dermaceuticals industry in China is anticipated to expand at a higher pace majorly due to anti-aging, men’s grooming and skin care products.
- Vietnam cosmeceuticals industry has grown at an average annual growth rate of 5.3% from 2007-2012 with 90% of the foreign cosmeceutical products prevailing in the country.
- Over the past six years from 2007-2012, the medicated cosmetics industry in India has grown at a stupendous compound annual growth rate of 10.9%.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- Asia-Pacific cosmeceuticals market size and forecast on the basis of revenues
- Segmentation by geography and highlighted performance of major products category of the industry
- Japan cosmeceuticals market consumption and production
- Market segmentation by product category and distribution channels in Japan
- Japan cosmeceuticals market segmentation by sub-segments of medicated cosmetics in production value and volume
- Japan cosmeceuticals market segmentation by sub-segments of hair remedies in production value and volume
- China cosmeceuticals market size and segmentation (by Medicated Skin Care Category, Acne Treatments)
- India cosmeceuticals market size and segmentation (by by Skin care, Hair care and other products)
- India cosmeceuticals market sub-segmentation of Skin care by Anti-aging, Sensitive skin and Moisture and others
- Market share of leading players in India
- Vietnam cosmeceuticals market size, segmentation and forecast
- Thailand cosmeceuticals market size and forecast
- South Korea market size and forecast
- Macroeconomic factors on each country discussed
- Forecast of the industry by value and by product segments
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Facial Care (Skincare) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Facial Care (Skincare) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics" ...
Global Anti-Perspirants & Deodorants (Personal Hygiene) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Anti-Perspirants & Deodorants (Personal Hygiene) Market - Outlook ...
Men’s Disposable Razors & Blades (Male Toiletries) Market in Global - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Men’s Disposable Razors & Blades (Male Toiletries) Market ...