Table of Contents
Infanrix Hexa (Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
Hepatitis B, which is caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV), is characterized by acute or chronic inflammation of the liver. Researchers and healthcare experts have estimated that roughly two billion people are infected with HBV worldwide, with roughly 600,000 people dying each year from HBV-related liver diseases. While the arrival of recombinant HBsAg vaccines has greatly reduced disease burden over the past two decades, questions surrounding vaccine uptake and effectiveness in adults, particularly in niche patient populations, still remain. GlobalData expects that the growing popularity of pediatric combination vaccines, along with the arrival of vaccines that achieve higher seroconversion rates in high-risk adults, will serve to stimulate growth in the marketplace over the forecast period. Country-specific immunization recommendations and policy implementation will be an essential metric for determining future vaccine uptake in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan) and Canada.
Infanrix Hexa [Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (acellular, component), hepatitis B (rDNA), inactivated poliovirus, Hib conjugate vaccine (adsorbed)] is GSK’s hexavalent combination vaccine that offers protection against infections caused by diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, three subtypes of poliovirus, Hib, and all known subtypes of HBV. Infanrix Hexa contains the antigenic components used in GSK’s Pediarix [diphtheria toxoid, tetanus toxoid, inactivated pertussis toxin (PT), filamentous hemagglutinin (FHA), pertactin, and inactivated poliovirus subtypes Mahoney, MEF-1, and Saukett, and yeast-derived HBsAg] and Hiberix (Hib capsular polysaccharide PRP) vaccines (Hiberix package insert, 2012; Pediarix package insert, 2012).
- Overview of Hepatitis B disease, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Infanrix Hexa including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Infanrix Hexa for top six countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Canada.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Hepatitis B
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Infanrix Hexa performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Infanrix Hexa from 2012-2022 in the top six countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Canada).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is a small, enveloped RNA virus that causes acute and chronic infections ...
Frontier Pharma: Hepatitis C - Diverse Range of First-in-Class Host-Targeting and Direct-Acting Antivirals Offer Potential in Difficult-to-Treat Populations Summary Hepatitis C is a blood-borne viral infection ...
The report presents a detailed analysis of the Hepatitis diagnostics market in the US, Europe, (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK) and Japan. Current scientific views on the Hepatitis definition, epidemiology ...