Table of Contents
The report titled “Japan Nutraceuticals Industry Outlook to FY’2017 - Demand of Benefit-Specific Nutraceuticals to Impel Revenues” provides a detailed analysis of the Nutraceuticals industry covering various aspects including market size of nutraceuticals industry, functional food & beverages and dietary supplements markets in terms of revenues and market segmentation along with ongoing trends in the industry. The report also includes competitive landscape and profiles of the major players operating in the industry. The future projections are included to provide an insight of opportunities in the Japan nutraceuticals industry.
Japan nutraceuticals industry is a mature market which features a wide assortment of products in various categories, including functional food and beverages and nutritional and dietary supplements. It is amongst the most advanced markets with a flexible regulatory environment. The rapidly ageing demography along with the prevalent healthy dietary habits amongst the population has sustained the growth of a more than two-decade old industry in Japan. The functional food and beverages market in Japan is highly fragmented with a presence of number of players.
The category of fortified products sporting claims of general health and wellbeing has noted the highest percentage of sales in the last seven years (FY’2006-FY’2012), with the revenues of USD ~ million in FY’2012.
The dietary supplements market in Japan has also showcased a healthy growth over the years with sales totaling to USD ~ million in FY’2012. The demand for energy-boosting products has been the highest, with vitamins leading the supplements segment. The perception of nutritional and dietary supplements as a preventative alternative to over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription drugs has greatly supported the growth of the market over the years.
The competitive landscape is quite fragmented with Yakult, Aquarius, Pocari Sweat being major players in functional foods and beverages market. On the other side, Taisho Pharmaceuticals, Otsuka Pharmaceuticals, Miki and Amway are the major players in dietary supplements market.
Japan nutraceuticals industry is composed of most innovative and developed products in both nutritional supplements and fortified products market. The developed nature of the market is predicted to augment research and development activities in the industry in the coming years. The companies are expected to develop niche products catering to the specific requirements of various age-groups in the country. Encouraged by these factors, the revenues of the nutraceuticals industry are expected to increase at a CAGR of 1.5% to reach USD ~million by FY’2017.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of the Japan Nutraceuticals industry on the basis of revenues.
- The market size of Japan functional food and beverages market on the basis of revenues
- The market size of Japan dietary supplements market on the basis of revenues
- Market segmentation of the Japan Nutraceuticals industry on the basis of types of products and distribution
- Market segmentation of the Japan functional food and beverages market on the basis of positioning, distribution channels and functional benefits
- Competitive landscape, market share and company profiles of the major players in the Japan functional food and beverages market
- Future outlook and projections of the Japan functional food and beverages market on the basis of revenues
- Government Rules and Regulations
- Imports and Exports of Nutraceuticals
- Other major nutraceuticals markets such as sports and beauty nutraceuticals.
- Trends and Developments prevailing in the Japan Nutraceuticals industry
- Future outlook and projections of the Japan Nutraceuticals industry on the basis of revenues
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Use this report to: - Analyze market strategies, patent evaluation and driving forces of the nutraceutical market. - Assess projections for nutraceuticals for various geographical regions. - Compare premium ...
“Nutraceutical ingredients market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.5%” The nutraceutical ingredients market, estimated at USD 29.48 billion in 2016, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.5%, to reach ...
The global isoflavones market is expected to reach USD 50.06billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The significant rise in the demand of nutraceutical supplements across ...