Table of Contents
Monsanto is an agricultural biotech firm which began in the 1980's to develop seed traits, pesticides and genetically modified crops. The company has grown rapidly and since the year 2000 it has been controlling billions of dollars’ worth of profit each year. Today it is the largest company of its kind controlling up to 90% market share of some product types.
Features and benefits
* Learn what Monsanto's business position is and what products it provides, with a breakdown of just what earns Monsanto its large profits.
* Learn about the arguments for and against GMO crops are and why so many campaigns against Monsanto have been formed.
* What is the Future for Monsanto, will it suffer as a result of new competitors and patent cliffs or is its position too strong.
* Examine what geographies allow GMO crops in their agricultural markets and what stops others from joining the biotech revolution.
* Look at the future for Monsanto and the GMO industry, what is the market likely to experience and how might the company fair?
Monsanto is a large biotech firm which operates all over the world, but principally in the Americas and Asia. The company is a producer of seeds and crop protection for farmers and its business model is largely based on patents and strong brands, coupled with extensive R&D to drive new products.
Not all global markets are receptive to GMO technology, and of those not all have approved the same crops, but those that are have a large Monsanto presence. Of these the most lucrative market is the USA and Monsanto currently dominates with market share levels approaching 90% in some markets.
The arguments leveled against Monsanto’s products are extensive and usually provoke passionate responses. The company has been criticized on a number of different levels, from its products not doing what Monsanto says they can, controlling regulators, poisoning environments and contaminating natural crops.
Your key questions answered
* What is Monsanto's business model and how has it managed to dominate some of the worlds most lucrative GMO markets?
* Who are the players attempting to compete with Monsanto and what markets does Monsanto currently control?
* What are Monsanto's key products and which major markets have allowed Monsanto access and which haven't?
* Why is there such a strong backlash against Monsanto and GMO products, despite their popularity and proliferation?
* What does the future hold for Monsanto and can it protect itself against competitors and campaigners?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Genome Editing market is estimated at $2098.9 million in 2015 and is expected to reach $5367.64 million by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 14.3% from 2015 to 2022. Increasing ...
Ever since the establishment of the genetic basis of life, researchers have tried to manipulate genes in plants and animals to improve traits. There has been a continuous evolution of gene modification ...
About Genetic Modification Genetic modification (GM), also called genetic engineering (GE), is a technology where new traits are introduced into an organism by directly manipulating its genetic makeup. ...