Table of Contents
Renault SA, a French automotive manufacturer, is seeking to geographically diversify its operations in a bid to compensate for a disappointing European market.
Features and benefits
* Analysis of Renault's current market position in Europe and the problems inherent with the market.
* Evaluating Renault's expansion into other markets, and where it has achieved success and the risks of diversifying geographically.
* Analysis of problems facing the automotive industry in the future, and what could be done to rectify.
Renault occupies a strong position in its domestic market France. The European car market has suffered in the adverse economic conditions, and the generally developed markets of Western Europe offer little scope for strong expansion. By pushing to geographically diversify their sales, the company can safeguard against malaise in developed markets.
Renault is looking to push beyond and fare better in markets where the prospects are brighter. It has so far enjoyed success in Russia and Brazil, with inroads made into other developing markets. India and China, are also targets, with Renault working to negate current barriers to enter the markets in the future.
Renault is seeking to utilize its existing alliance with Nissan and forge new ones to grow further. It is also diversifying its manufacturing base in an effort to better understand local consumer trends. Further, in an effort to reduce costs in a capital intensive production process, the company will standardize their manufacturing platforms.
Your key questions answered
* Why is Renault looking beyond the European market?
* What is Renault's strategy for expanding into different marikets and how successful has it been?
* What are the threats to Renault's long term expansion?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Growing need for personal mobility in wake of rising urbanization and fall in car ownership are expected to fuel the demand for mobility on demand” The mobility on demand market is projected to grow ...
This 360 View Update discovers consumers' mobile activities in the vehicle and their attitudes and concerns about their in-car experiences. It provides data and recommendations for software developers, ...
“Increasing vehicle sales and limited parking availability are expected to fuel the demand for smart parking in passenger cars” The passenger car smart parking market is projected to grow at a CAGR ...