Table of Contents
MediPoint: Companion Diagnostic Tests in Oncology - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Companion diagnostic test is defined as an in vitro diagnostic device or an imaging tool whose use allows the safe application of a therapy.
Companion diagnostic test market is growing, particularly in the emerging markets of Japan and China. The US currently has the largest share of the companion diagnostic market, with 27.9% of total market revenue, as is expected to remain the largest market throughout the forecast period of 2016-2023. The companion diagnostics market in China and Japan is expected to increase at compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) of 9.4% and 7.9%, respectively, driving growth in the Asia-Pacific (APAC: Japan, China, and India) region.
Overall, 2.5 Million companion diagnostic tests were performed in 2016. Breast cancer diagnostic tests accounted for the majority of tests conducted globally, followed by non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Melanoma companion diagnostic testing remains low, due to the lower incidence rate, accounting for 5.5% of the market volume. Moreover, the majority of companion diagnostic tests performed are for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2), because the tests performed are typically the cheaper immunohistochemistry (IHC) test, they only account for 26.3% of market value.
Reimbursement remains a significant challenge in the companion diagnostics market. Adoption is highly dependent upon reimbursement policies, so approval of new tests does not necessarily signify immediate adoption. If the molecular test cannot be reimbursed, adoption will be low. If the new therapy cannot be reimbursed, there will be no need for uptake of the companion diagnostic test, unless a secondary use can be found that is of utility to the physician in managing the patient’s condition.
The report “MediPoint: Companion Diagnostic Tests in Oncology - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts” provides an analysis of the companion diagnostic market for four major cancers in the US, the 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), Asia-Pacific (APAC) regions (Japan, China, and India) and South America. Additionally, it identifies the unmet needs in this companion diagnostics market and analyses companion diagnostic tests used in breast, colorectal, melanoma and non-small cell lung cancer. This report also discusses physician attitudes towards current companion diagnostic tests, and the future of companion diagnostic tests.
- Competitive assessment: Currently marketed companion diagnostic products and evolving competitive landscape
- In-depth analysis of unmet needs and adoption trends of different companion diagnostic tests
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
- Pipeline analysis: Emerging products and technologies.
- Annualized total companion diagnostic market volume and revenue by segment, and market outlooks by country from 2014-2023.
- Other key topics covered include strategic competitive assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, market dynamics, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global market
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage
- Track device sales in the global market from 2014-2023
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Market, considering the sales of both branded treatments and generic chemotherapy, is expected ...
Use this report to: - Analyze the global prostate cancer market, with important statistics and analysis on existing drugs, and diagnostic technologies. - Receive information on regulatory environment, ...
Global Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market: Overview This report on the prostate cancer therapeutics market analyzes the current and future scenario of the global market. Increasing prevalence of prostate ...