Table of Contents
Madopar (Parkinson’s Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive condition that is characterized by bradykinesia, muscular rigidity, tremor, and postural instability. As the second most common neurodegenerative disorder, Parkinson’s disease may affect individuals of any age but prevalence is increased with age and it is most common in the elderly. Dopaminergic therapies have been fairly effective in treating bradykinesia, but several unmet needs remain. Some needs will be met during the forecast period from 2012-2022, while others, such as the need for disease-modifying drugs, will remain. GlobalData expects that advancements will be made in levodopa administration and that four new molecular entities will be introduced to the market by 2022, these factors along with increased patient numbers from an aging population will drive the market during the forecast period.
Madopar is a combination therapy of levodopa with benserazide hydrochloride, a dopamine decarboxylase inhibitor, developed and marketed by Roche. It is used to treat the signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, but does not treat the underlying condition. Similar to other levodopa therapies, over time, patients may show reduced responsiveness to Madopar.
- Overview of Parkinson’s disease, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Madopar including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Madopar for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Brazil.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Parkinson’s disease
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Madopar performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Madopar from 2012-2022 in the top seven countries (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Brazil).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Market, considering the sales of both branded treatments and generic chemotherapy, is expected ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...