Table of Contents
This research service analyzes the global municipal solid waste (MSW) management services market for the period 2010 to 2020. It provides a detailed breakdown of collection, landfilling, recycling, recovery, biological treatment, and incineration. The study looks at the services aspect of MSW treatment and covers management solutions. It also describes the current status of the MSW management services market in Europe, the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East-Africa regions. The research service examines the influence of market drivers and restraints over the forecast period, and gives a comprehensive competitive analysis of the key regional markets.
- The global municipal solid waste (MSW) management services market was valued at $? billion in 2013. It is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate
(CAGR) of ?% through 2020, reaching revenue of $?billion.
- MSW solutions are witnessing strong interest in densely populated regions with limited land area, including Europe, the Middle East and Southern Asia, as waste is diverted
from landfills to recycling and incineration for energy recovery.
- The Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Middle East and Africa (MEA) regions are expected to present large market growth potential as a result of increasing waste volume and the
current lack of waste treatment installations.
- APAC is expected to dominate the market through 2020 with a revenue CAGR of ?% because of the prevailing and rapidly increasing waste management requirements
across developing nations, such as China. A ?% revenue CAGR is expected in the MEA region over the forecast period due to large investments in Gulf Co-operation
Council (GCC) countries—Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- The European MSW management services market is driven by strict landfill regulations as well as policies and incentives for sustainable waste processes. Europe is expected
to have a low revenue CAGR of ?% through 2020.
- The Americas region is predicted to have a CAGR of ?% due to growing interest in waste treatment installations.
- The global market benefits from a shift from landfilling to recycling, biological treatment, and incineration with energy recovery, all of which reduce environmental impact and address a critical need for materials recovery.
- Recycling treatment is expected to have sustained demand due to high process requirements for municipal waste applications despite a high initial investment cost. This
segment is predicted to have a CAGR of ?%.
- Landfilling is expected to lose public support over the forecast period and decrease its revenue share because of interest in sustainable development. This waste management segment is predicted to have a CAGR of ?%.
Market Overview—Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What is the current position of the global MSW services market?
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
What is overall volume of MSW generated globally, and what proportion is processed in the market?
What is the market’s current competitive structure, and how will it change with time?
What are the key drivers for the MSW management services market during 2013–2020?
What are the regional hot spots, and how will they develop during 2013–2020?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Increased globalization and a surge in population and Gross Domestic Product (GDP), among others have led to an increase in the overall waste volume globally. According to World Bank in 2012, urban population ...
Solid Waste Recycling in China Firms in this industry sort and conduct secondary recovery of non-metal waste and recycled fragments from various other types of solid waste. These enterprises turn waste ...
This report forecasts the total recovery of post-consumer glass from the US municipal solid waste (MSW) stream in short tons to 2021. For comparison, this report also forecasts to 2021 the total generation ...