Table of Contents
Winning and Retaining Business in the Australian Mining Equipment Sector, 2016
Overall trends in the data revealed -
- Caterpillar is considered the leading supplier for most of its product range.
- When choosing a new supplier, a ‘trusted brand’ and ‘a previous working relationship’ are key factors.
- Account managers have a key impact on the selection process.
- Respondents remain satisfied with their current main suppliers, and satisfaction has improved since 2014.
- Overall, 87% of respondents expect to remain with their current suppliers for the next five years.
- The top three areas for improvement identified by respondents were ‘availability of parts’, ‘product quality and reliability’ and ‘ability to support cost reductions’.
- The report is based on responses from a survey of 100 senior decision makers at operating Australian mines, responsible for the purchase of equipment for plant and mine operations, along with its consumables.
- Survey respondents came from seven different states and territories, with Western Australia, Queensland and New South Wales accounting for 88% of the respondents. This included four main commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations.
Reasons to buy
- Understand what buyers consider most important when choosing a new supplier, broken down into different customer types (e.g. underground v surface).
- Identify key areas for differentiation by understanding what factors have most influenced the final choice of supplier.
- Target product and service improvement areas based on where mining equipment suppliers are currently underperforming relative to customer expectations.
- Develop successful sales and marketing strategies through an understanding of the leading competitors and their strengths and weaknesses.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global crane market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 6% till 2022. The market accounted to USD 32.45 billion in 2016. Innovations in manufacturing and smart design have resulted in adaptable, ...
Use this report to: - Analyze recent developments and current trends in the global market for hydraulic pumps. - Identify significant drivers of revenue growth in specific hydraulic pump categories. - ...
KEY FINDINGS The global cranes market is poised to grow during the forecast period of 2017 to 2024. Various reasons for the growth of the cranes market are higher demand from construction and infrastructure ...