Table of Contents
Lyrica (Neuropathic Pain) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
Neuropathic pain (NP) is defined as a disorder of the sensorimotor system and is distinctly different from nociceptive pain, which is a consequence of trauma, injury, or inflammation. The main difference between neuropathic and nociceptive pain is the absence of a continuous nociceptive input in neuropathic pain. Although the term neuropathic pain is used to describe a wide range of pain syndromes with varying etiologies, this report focuses on 3 distinct forms of NP: Painful diabetic neuropathy, Postherpetic neuralgia and trigeminal neuralgia. The main classes of drugs used to treat these three neuropathic pain indications include anticonvulsants, antidepressants, opioids and topical treatments. However, despite the availability of multiple pain medications only 50% of patients respond to any given drug and there are numerous the side effects associated particularly with systemically administered drugs, that reduce their tolerability. New treatments will target some key unmet needs in terms of efficacy and tolerability, but opportunities will remain for drugs that can more reliably eradicated NP in targeted patient populations, as well as offering an improved safety profile.
Lyrica (pregabalin) is a compound with both analgesic and anticonvulsant properties that was developed by Pfizer as a follow-up brand to gabapentin (Neurontin). Pregabalin is the active pharmaceutical ingredient in Lyrica, and it binds with high affinity to the a-2-d site (an auxiliary subunit of voltage-gated calcium channels) in CNS tissues, and functions mechanistically to reduce pain.
- Overview of Neuropathic pain, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Lyrica including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for v for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Neuropathic pain
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Lyrica performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Lyrica from 2012-2022 in the top seven countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Market, considering the sales of both branded treatments and generic chemotherapy, is expected ...
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...