Table of Contents
Botswana Power Sector - Current Supply and Future Scenario
Botswana’s power mix is dominated by coal and oil-based power generation. Coal was the sole source of power generation in the country until 2011 due to its cost-effectiveness, availability and abundance. The contribution of renewable energy however is negligible due to the lack of a strong regulatory framework that favours its growth, as well as the lack of resources, except solar. However, in the future Botswana aims to generate 15% of its electricity from renewable sources by 2015, doubling to 30% by 2030. It currently depends on imported electricity to meet its power requirements, but investments are being made in power generation and the transmission sector to meet the demand-supply gap and reduce dependency on imported power.
- Botswana’s power market structure and regulatory framework.
- The key electricity policies involved in Botswana’s power market.
- Botswana’s electricity supply and generation scenario in Botswana.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insight into Botswana’s economic conditions and power market structure.
- Identify the major electricity policies in Botswana.
- Gain insight into the upcoming transmission projects and future power supply scenario in Botswana.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The expansion of the global electric generator and motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.8%. Currently, ...
The report package Electric Generator and Motor Market in Asia to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook ...
The report package Electric Generating Set Market in Asia to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook fo ...